Official SU / Texas Southern game thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Official SU / Texas Southern game thread

DVRed the game and am just now watching it. This Griffin kid is a mutant and way too good to be at a school like Texas Southern. Also, Malachi definitely hit a three at the 18 minute mark of the second half, but I read elsewhere on here he was 0 for 2. Did they call that a two later or something?

DVRed the game and am just now watching it. This Griffin kid is a mutant and way too good to be at a school like Texas Southern. Also, Malachi definitely hit a three at the 18 minute mark of the second half, but I read elsewhere on here he was 0 for 2. Did they call that a two later or something?
nah he made the one 3

Derrick Griffin is just a freak athlete. He's a redshirt freshman who made All SWAC as a wide receiver for their football team this year. This was only his 5th basketball game. 6'7" wide receiver - nice.

sure thing, chief
Well it's like suggesting Nick Saban's defensive coordinator could step right in, make a few adjustments and fix Shafers defense this past year.

Well it's like suggesting Nick Saban's defensive coordinator could step right in, make a few adjustments and fix Shafers defense this past year.
yep exactly like that

Impressed by DC the last few games but want to see this against better foes. Hopefully he can continue to progress.
Yes! I want to see him go up strong against one of the big boys and get some confidence.

Hate to break it to you but no magical adjustments will fix this zone.
Yeah, you're right. No way a hall of fame coach could ever figure out a way to get young players to improve at something over time.

He was originally recruited by Miami to play football and basketball, but didn't qualify academically. That is why he's where he is.

Yes, let's move the ACC steals leader and bench the #2 guy.
Way to be dramatic. G can get steals out of the back of the zone as well. I'm not insinuating to bench Cooney completely, but I am suggesting that Howard should get more run when Cooney is having a 1-6 from three day. Steals are great, but with our team we don't capitalize that often.

Baylor must be as bad as us, they just beat Tex Southern by 13

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom