Ohio Bobcats (Week 1) | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Ohio Bobcats (Week 1)

Yeah - that’s where it sits until proven otherwise.

Being the 1st game, I take no stock in it… But that’s the perception.

They are playing a TEN LOSS team.
At home.

Of course they’re going to be favored.

We’d be a slight favorite at a neutral field, and a little bigger favorite (say 4-5pts) if we were @ home.

All that said, IF we don’t win this game something like 31-20 (or by more) I’ll be very concerned for the remainder of the season.

Vegas knows. Not saying I agree but at the least they see the talent and coaching of this team as a mid-tier MAC program. Which is ironically where this staff came from.
Illinois
Hawaii covers
Fresno St covers
Rutgers covers
Boise St
ODU covers
UMass covers
Cuse wins
Louisville covers

Bingo. That’s a line that’s just made to get some action but they have no clue where to place it. Surprised they didn’t make it a pick em but they get headlines with the home favorite.
If we don't score the 1st 2 possessions, it will be a long day. I really don't expect to see much of Shrader the 1st game. Dino will go with TD as his QB, because that is his QB. You might see Shrader in the 2nd game for a few series.
Dino is going to live or die with TD, he already said one QB had separated from the others, so he's going to go with TD.

If we don't score the 1st 2 possessions, it will be a long day. I really don't expect to see much of Shrader the 1st game. Dino will go with TD as his QB, because that is his QB. You might see Shrader in the 2nd game for a few series.
Dino is going to live or die with TD, he already said one QB had separated from the others, so he's going to go with TD.
He didn't really say that...it could also mean the top 2-3 QBs could be separating from QBs 3/4-6...I do agree TD will play start to finish if it is close.

Pure silliness. We played Rex in some packages last year. They are all his guys.

Illinois
Hawaii covers
Fresno St covers
Rutgers covers
Boise St
ODU covers
UMass covers
Cuse wins
Louisville covers
You think Illinois bests Nebraska or just covers the 7.
I like Nebraska.

You think Illinois bests Nebraska or just covers the 7.
I like Nebraska.
Straight up
I think Illinois has a decent year and bowls
Nebraska has some clouds hanging over program and a lot of pressure on coach to produce immediately

They are playing a TEN LOSS team.
At home.

Of course they’re going to be favored.

We’d be a slight favorite at a neutral field, and a little bigger favorite (say 4-5pts) if we were @ home.

All that said, IF we don’t win this game something like 31-20 (or by more) I’ll be very concerned for the remainder of the season.
We lost ten again this year? Ugh.

This game is very difficult to get a read on. Normally most opening weeks you can get a gut feeling or at least some general sense of how the game will play out but this one just feels like it could go a bunch of different ways. Perhaps its the total unknown of the SU offense (is it going to look decent or look the tire fire that was last year) that's really making this a head scratcher. A big time blowout either way seems highly unlikely but anything else would not surprise me in the least.

This game is very difficult to get a read on. Normally most opening weeks you can get a gut feeling or at least some general sense of how the game will play out but this one just feels like it could go a bunch of different ways. Perhaps its the total unknown of the SU offense (is it going to look decent or look the tire fire that was last year) that's really making this a head scratcher. A big time blowout either way seems highly unlikely but anything else would not surprise me in the least.
I'm so confident we win and move the ball consistently

Coach Albin dropped more nuggets in 2 mins than Coach Babers gave up in 2 years.

BTW, Ohio's band sounded great.
Here is a decent write up on them.

They have had an excellent offense under Solich and excel at running the ball. This the the last remnant of the great Devaney/Osborne rush offense that dominated college football for decades.

No reason to doubt it. They will put up points and move the football.

They were not a great defense last year. Uncharacteristically poor stopping the run. Little or no pass rush. Their secondary is at least somewhat suspect.

My guess is that the game is pretty high scoring and entertaining.