Ohio State's JT Barrett suspended 1 week | Syracusefan.com

Ohio State's JT Barrett suspended 1 week

This was a perfect chance to really make an example out of someone. Show how serious you take this kind of stuff. With Jones sitting at 2nd string, they could have thrown the book at Barrett.

I'll say this, it happens pretty consistently at this level. Alot of times it gets chalked up to a Hamstring, High Ankle Sprain or soft tissue injury. Whether it hits the news cycle, blotters or radio waves, in my experience the penalty has been pretty consistent, one game down.

How long do you think he should sit?

Im really not sure. He's also under age at 20 years old.

I do think that had this happened at Syracuse the punishment would have been greater.

How long do you think he should sit?

His punishment should at least fit what a non-student athlete would face given the same circumstance. My question in all this is if his charges were downgraded because of who he was. So for me the real question is, how are other students charged with a DWI typically? Is it normal to just be charged with a misdemeanor?

His punishment should at least fit what a non-student athlete would face given the same circumstance. My question in all this is if his charges were downgraded because of who he was. So for me the real question is, how are other students charged with a DWI typically? Is it normal to just be charged with a misdemeanor?

nothing would happen to a normal student. normal student might have had more charges.

That is a joke. If I were Barrett I would leave the school if they pull my spring scholarship. Good luck letting an NFL player being fined 8 weeks salary for a OVI.

I don't want college players to get unions but schools doing stupid stuff like this gives that side some credance.

They pulled his Summer term scholarship which should tell you this was not intended to be a real punishment

These are so annoying, I stopped caring. School has a 2 week suspension policy, but they said he only gets 1 because it was a misdemeanor.

Really depends on how much you think it's a big deal that an underage kid drinks and then drives. Personally I think it's a big deal because it puts a lot of innocent people at risk of harm, so I think it's the kind of thing that you should use the opportunity to send a message. But whatever, I don't live there.

I see he now gets funding pulled for a summer semester. I wonder if the donor who will cover that will try to take a tax break.

nothing would happen to a normal student. normal student might have had more charges.

Maybe someone's familiar with the OSU student handbook, but I doubt they don't punish DWI offenders.

The penalty for DWI at my college was expulsion. I agree with qdawgg that it's likely that this person is getting a slap on the wrist because he's a football player.

These are so annoying, I stopped caring. School has a 2 week suspension policy, but they said he only gets 1 because it was a misdemeanor.

Really depends on how much you think it's a big deal that an underage kid drinks and then drives. Personally I think it's a big deal because it puts a lot of innocent people at risk of harm, so I think it's the kind of thing that you should use the opportunity to send a message. But whatever, I don't live there.

I see he now gets funding pulled for a summer semester. I wonder if the donor who will cover that will try to take a tax break.

I think underage drinking in college is a fairly non-issue and should be handled with a slap on the wrist, but the drinking and driving aspect should be treated very seriously.

I think underage drinking in college is a fairly non-issue and should be handled with a slap on the wrist, but the drinking and driving aspect should be treated very seriously.

Yeah, to be clear, I was combining them. Maybe piling on, but still. Once you drive, the fact that you're underage becomes a bigger deal.

20 years old...

Avoiding a DUI check point set up by the police.....he turned down a side street.

And was "OVER " the limit.

Fans are claiming,maybe from him, that he had only one Bud Light.

The courts out in Ohio use to really be tough on DUI'S,maybe not so much with star football players.

His BAC was .09% ......"If your blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was between .08%-.17% you will serve a mandatory 72 hours in jail. You will also be ordered to pay a fine between $250 and $1,000."

If you are under 21 the maximum BAC in ohio is .02%.....

They are less than they were in the late 90's out there. Use to be 30 days for guys that got pop that i was working with for first timers.

What is funny from what a few have reported was that the other Q.B. was with him and let him drive while he was sober and the cops let him drive Barret and the car home.

Last edited:
20 years old...

Avoiding a DUI check point set up by the police...he turned down a side street.

The courts out in Ohio use to really be tough on DUI'S,maybe not so much with star football players.
At least they arrested him. If he had been pulled over in Florida, this would have been buried.

20 years old...

Avoiding a DUI check point set up by the police...he turned down a side street.

i'm curious why he wasn't also slapped with an underage drinking citation.

in NYS i think underage your license is suspended at least 6 months. zero tolerance policy.

i'm curious why he wasn't also slapped with an underage drinking citation.

in NYS i think underage your license is suspended at least 6 months. zero tolerance policy.
That might come into play as the case weaves it way through the system

Look, there are football games to win and money to be made. You people with your talk of laws and justice and fairness and equivalence and morality and life lessons... I mean, shut up. There are much more important things at stake... like winning football games and making money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom