OK, enough with the nice-eties. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OK, enough with the nice-eties.

Stats are a really bad way to evaluate CBs. The best ones don't accumulate any stats at all.
I am talking about aggregates stats - Total yards against passing, rating etc

Our corners need to play up on WRs and make solo tackles. I imagine there will be a ton of swing passes away from the blitz where our defender will be on an island. if clemson catches in space and gets 7 years a pop, it's gonna be ugly. i've already resigned myself to one of those being a missed tackle/long td.

I'm a bit shocked no one (JarheadJim) has misread "nice-eties" and started posting NSFW pictures as result.

tumblr_mdvlprvJWy1qb2e5vo1_500.jpg

We have 5 injured WRs at the moment, including both of our slot guys. We have a true frosh we think is emerging. We have a couple of guys who sometimes get open and catch the ball, then immediately get tackled. That's... about it.

LOL...I like this guy.

In the end, we're a 2 TD favorite for a reason. That said, even though our 2nd/3rd team guys were rated higher...we have to go win it.

This should be a growing rivalry.

We shut down Marquise Williams (7 carries, -3 yds) who ran all over VT (19 for 94), ND (18 for 132), and GT (16 for 73). And after seeing Jacoby Brissett throwing off tacklers against FSU, I was nervous. We ate his lunch (16 carries, 14 yards). Used to be a weakness but having solid corners has changed that. I do wonder though if the D can keep from getting leg weary as the season wears on. They've had a helluva burden the last two weeks.

Thanks man - I think. Can we borrow a couple of those corners?

Hey Clemson fans, remember 41-0 in 95? Remember when we beat WVU by 26 in 2011, and then they put 70 on you a few weeks later? Remember how you guys just became .500 in bowl games? Remember the last time you beat South Carolina(main rival)? You should feel bad about all that. Cuse will lead the series 2-1 after this weekend. #FutureRivalry #FeedTheTroll

As for the guy who asked about special teams above, I'd say our kick-off guy/punter are good but coverage is shaky. Our KR unit is garbage. Our PR is decent but we typically play very conservative there because of the faith we have in our offense. That may change now that our offense doesn't warrant much faith.

Our FG kicker has been good of late but I have no confidence in his if he has to kick a game-winner.

Our Punter averages 42 yards a run and a touchdown every time he throws the ball. Heads up.

Not sure you can say your OL v themselves, we have arguably (maybe not arguably) the best DL in football this year. Your OL is going to give up sacks and negative plays...don't think we've knocked out a QB...but anyone in our opponent backfield not named Gurley hasn't had a good day. All that said, gotta' play the game...
I went back and read this thread, and this response cracks me up. Basically this is saying "You know what? Don't worry about making mistakes or executing your own blocking schemes - you should really worry about our defensive line. Don't focus on the things you can control or playing your best - worry about how awesome the guys are that we line up across from yours."

The logic is hilarious.

Our Punter averages 42 yards a run and a touchdown every time he throws the ball. Heads up.
Drop the mic, Mad. DROP THE MIC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom