Okay now, How do we want Cincy or Ohio st | Syracusefan.com

Okay now, How do we want Cincy or Ohio st

Cincy. Rather face the devil I know.

No more big east teams. OSU will play us man to man. No more BE zones

Cincy all the way there is know way they shoot like they did in the BET

Buford/Sullinger scares the hell out of me. And Craft is a much better defender than Jordan Taylor. Give me Cinci all the way.

How do we want them indeed... I was thinking on the court in Boston ;)

CINCY all the way I want to show them who is boss

OSU is the better team.

HOW do we want? We want you to develop some familiarity with the English language.

You are one of the best posters on this board. With that said, I thought I’d point out a grammatical error in one sentence you posted tonight. It reads as follows:
Fair made a ton of big plays tonight, but none was bigger than that last rebound he pulled down when circled by 3 wisconsin players. That play was tough as balls.”
The word was that follows the word none should actually be the word were. This is because the word was refers to the plural word plays. Thus, you should use the plural were. You cannot claim that the singular was refers back to the word ton because it distorts meaning. In addition, you are using an indefinite pronoun, none. As a result, you must refer to the object in the "of-phrase.” In this case, that word is the plural plays. Lastly, do not even get me started on the wisconsin without the capital letter.
So, why did I go through this? To show how silly it is to correct typos when you likely have real grammatical errors in your own posts. In my field, we write thousands of pages of research every year. And my department says content is king. If the typos mattered, they would hire English majors and pay them the money we make. My firm chooses not to.
Thanks! Go Orange (and grammar)!

Not even a question...OSU, if and when we beat them...that is the final dagger for all those analysts who gave us no love. We beat Cincy once, they shot incredibly well in the BET and so I don't care if we don't play them again. OSU is overrated and what a statment game that would be if we won!

You are one of the best posters on this board. With that said, I thought I’d point out a grammatical error in one sentence you posted tonight. It reads as follows:
Fair made a ton of big plays tonight, but none was bigger than that last rebound he pulled down when circled by 3 wisconsin players. That play was tough as balls.”
The word was that follows the word none should actually be the word were. This is because the word was refers to the plural word plays. Thus, you should use the plural were. You cannot claim that the singular was refers back to the word ton because it distorts meaning. In addition, you are using an indefinite pronoun, none. As a result, you must refer to the object in the "of-phrase.” In this case, that word is the plural plays. Lastly, do not even get me started on the wisconsin without the capital letter.
So, why did I go through this? To show how silly it is to correct typos when you likely have real grammatical errors in your own posts. In my field, we write thousands of pages of research every year. And my department says content is king. If the typos mattered, they would hire English majors and pay them the money we make. My firm chooses not to.

What if C-A-T really spelled, dog?

I just really hate typo related posts. Also, I just took the GMAT and wanted to apply it.

Sorry Marty - but I disagree. His use of "was" was correct. The "was" is not in reference to plays but is in fact in reference to one play - thus the singular "was" is correct. As for not capitializing wisconsin, you are under no obligation to in any way dignify an opponent.

Using How instead of Who is just ridiculous. If no one calls these people out it gets ridiculous with the they are, there, their type stuff.

Sorry Marty - but I disagree. His use of "was" was correct. The "was" is not in reference to plays but is in fact in reference to one play - thus the singular "was" is correct. As for not capitializing wisconsin, you are under no obligation to in any way dignify an opponent.

Using How instead of Who is just ridiculous. If no one calls these people out it gets ridiculous with the they are, there, their type stuff.

I understand and I like your response because it's always great to be challenged. That is what I like about this site. The knowledge flows, as does the disagreement. But I still stand behind my reasoning. He need to use no play was or something of the sort. This is because he is referring to the number of plays and none of those plays (remember plural) were bigger than that rebound he pulled down when circled by 3 wisconsin players.

All BSing aside, (and that's all my post was )I really respect the original poster...and I actually roomed with his brother for 2 years during my college years (i think). He's one of my favoite people on the planet, and I imagine the original poster has the same qualities as my old roommate.

I understand and I like your response because it's always great to be challenged. That is what I like about this site. The knowledge flows, as does the disagreement. But I still stand behind my reasoning. He need to use no play was or something of the sort. This is because he is referring to the number of plays and none of those plays (remember plural) were bigger than that rebound he pulled down when circled by 3 wisconsin players.

He need to use no play was or something of the sort?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom