Oklahoma to the Big Ten imminent | Syracusefan.com

Oklahoma to the Big Ten imminent

SU2NASA

All American
I'm hearing Oklahoma's invitation is imminent from multiple sources in the Big Ten. Keep in mind I don't have direct knowledge of the discussion and this can all change quickly.

I'm hearing Oklahoma's invitation is imminent from multiple sources in the Big Ten. Keep in mind I don't have direct knowledge of the discussion and this can all change quickly.

I really don't understand why this hasn't gained any traction. And honestly, your track record on this is better then anything the two West Virginia idiots have come up with.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

With the talk of the Big 12 trying to flip Miami (and they'd probably eventually get another 5 ACC schools once 4 ACC teams made 16 for B1G and SEC) I hope OU leaves. I think the B1G knows it messed up its name brand up taking Mary and Buttgers. OU and OSU would more than compensate for that.

Get Texas to go Independent and play 5 games a year against ACC schools. Add them and ND to make 16.

Texas and OK schools aside, will other conferences (ACC, SEC, PAC) want any Big 12 schools? Tech and Baylor are in the middle of nowhere, TCU isn't anything special. KU and K State probably find a home as a package. But they'll have to call the MWC immediately if OU leaves.

I see what you did there. Drown out the Marrone and Schafer threads by bringing this conference slop back. Gold jerry.

this would put a nice little bow on a great week for cuse football...

I dont get to post very often these days, but some of these expansion hypotheses are so stupid it leaves me breathless (not NASA's, referring to people like "The Dude," "Swaim," that Northwestern blogger."

Folks, NASA has the right idea. The formation of "Super Conferences," if that is where this is all going, requires THE DECIMATION OF THE BIG 12(10), plain and simple. Nobody will disagree that the Pac 12 will have a place at the table when everything shakes out. Quite simply, the PAC 12 cannot expand without grabbing a Big 12 school or 4. Other than BYU, which the Pac 12 has passed on repeatedly, there are no candidates for PAC 12 expansion in the WAC, MWC, or whatever else lies out there. They have to raid the Big 12. Notre Dame is a possibility I suppose, but i cant see that happening now.

The Big 12 is a house of cards. It's value is brought on solely by Texas. Any teams they add do nothing more than dilute the pot. Texas is essentially a free agent, since every other conference would take them in an instant, and because they generate enough revenue to go independent.

The ACC will continue to exist in one form or another. Maybe the SEC will make a push into NC or VA (NC State or VT), but its expansion trend has been to the midwest. Same with the B1G, but poaching by the SEC and B1G do not threaten the conferences survival in my opinion.

It really comes down to ACC vs. Big 12. I'd put my money on the ACC. Vastly more populated. Much better institutions, many of which are supported by massive endowments. More schools to select from should a team or two leave.

The only scenario that frightens me is 3 conferences of 20. I think we get left out in that scenario.

I dont get to post very often these days, but some of these expansion hypotheses are so stupid it leaves me breathless (not NASA's, referring to people like "The Dude," "Swaim," that Northwestern blogger."

Folks, NASA has the right idea. The formation of "Super Conferences," if that is where this is all going, requires THE DECIMATION OF THE BIG 12(10), plain and simple. Nobody will disagree that the Pac 12 will have a place at the table when everything shakes out. Quite simply, the PAC 12 cannot expand without grabbing a Big 12 school or 4. Other than BYU, which the Pac 12 has passed on repeatedly, there are no candidates for PAC 12 expansion in the WAC, MWC, or whatever else lies out there. They have to raid the Big 12. Notre Dame is a possibility I suppose, but i cant see that happening now.

The Big 12 is a house of cards. It's value is brought on solely by Texas. Any teams they add do nothing more than dilute the pot. Texas is essentially a free agent, since every other conference would take them in an instant, and because they generate enough revenue to go independent.

The ACC will continue to exist in one form or another. Maybe the SEC will make a push into NC or VA (NC State or VT), but its expansion trend has been to the midwest. Same with the B1G, but poaching by the SEC and B1G do not threaten the conferences survival in my opinion.

It really comes down to ACC vs. Big 12. I'd put my money on the ACC. Vastly more populated. Much better institutions, many of which are supported by massive endowments. More schools to select from should a team or two leave.

The only scenario that frightens me is 3 conferences of 20. I think we get left out in that scenario.

I think pretty much spot on. Would doubt the 3 conferences thing as that would not line up with the four team playoff scenario whereas four conferences do...

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

Su to the AFC... Wait sorry just our coaches carry on! Now let's crush the ACC for at least a year before any of this other madness happens

This would be great for Syracuse that's for sure. But didnt the big12 just sign a 10 year agreement that pretty much forces them to stick together?

This would be great for Syracuse that's for sure. But didnt the big12 just sign a 10 year agreement that pretty much forces them to stick together?

B12 fan boys will say yes, everyone else seems to skeptical on if that GOR would actually hold up if Texas bolted.

Agree with that article. That's the b1G play -- get Oklahoma and Texas to get the big time boost they need. The pac12 steps in and takes the 4 the need from theb12. Unfortunately, the SEC will come to the ACC to get what they need, but the ACC will still have some options, albeit lesser programs, one of whom would likely be WVU to the ACC, which would be a nice fit football wise. 4x16 with the ACC + ND.

Alright Orange fans; Top notch inside info from my source. He is very technical and we will refer to him as "NASA DUDE". He has sources within Syracuse and Michigan. And because he is technical and good at math, you know he is spot on! He says his sources are telling him "Oklahoma to B1G" is imminent and immediate!

Another source, who shall remain nameless, code name Htown's D2, but has sent in her application to attend OU (much to her father's chagrin) adds, "Like, this would be really cool."

There you have it! And it's more credible than WV posters.

This is like tying two drunks together and hoping they can walk in a straight line.

Wasnt this suppose to happen this week?

images

Wasnt this suppose to happen this week?

images

It will happen "Next Week". Always, "Next Week". Always happens this way. My source, NASA DUDE, assures me this is imminent and will occur next week. Unless something else happens.

Don't forget these two principles of conference realignment prognosticators:

1) My source is always right, unless he is mistaken
2) You saw it on the internet, so it must be true