Class of 2021 - OL Armon Bethea (NY) Portal from Bowling Green | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 OL Armon Bethea (NY) Portal from Bowling Green

This should get a pretty good convo going about how important the NFL and the draft is. Kid in our home state and goes to ASU BC of Herm and NFL

For some of the city kids, they want to be or their parents want them as far away from the city as possible.

Sounds like he considered Arizona State. (I’m sorry for making a joke/reference like 5 of you will understand)

“A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything: Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly, thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.”

If you are that good of a player, then it doesn't matter what school you go to.

if you are good enough they will find you no matter where you are. But if you aren’t good, but play on a good team stacked with good players that make your life easy then Someone might still take a shot on you in the draft. Sure if you aren’t good enough you won’t stick (at least for long) but you get your shot and if you get drafted you get a nice chunk of change too.

So Committed to ASU?
The ‘undecided’ post title keeps popping to the top of the feed giving me hope, but alas I guess he’s still an ASU commit.

If you are that good of a player, then it doesn't matter what school you go to.
Also have to consider, not good enough yet but we’re sold on develop and teaching them skills that nfl scouts look for. Most OL aren’t close to competent in technique out of hs. Need to develop and learn proper techniques. Part of the reason many are down on Cavanuagh.

Also have to consider, not good enough yet but we’re sold on develop and teaching them skills that nfl scouts look for. Most OL aren’t close to competent in technique out of hs. Need to develop and learn proper techniques. Part of the reason many are down on Cavanuagh.
Hard to develop players when they are injured, and when practice reps are severely.limited and contact is at a minimum. I don't think we can under estimate that impact. Does anyone have any insight into what practices were actually like in terms of contact/reps etc? Can't imagine it was even close to normal and there's no substitute for live reps for the OL.

Hard to develop players when they are injured, and when practice reps are severely.limited and contact is at a minimum. I don't think we can under estimate that impact. Does anyone have any insight into what practices were actually like in terms of contact/reps etc? Can't imagine it was even close to normal and there's no substitute for live reps for the OL.

I assume you’re referring to Cav here. The concern over his ability to develop players started before this year and even before Syracuse. Not even saying I’m off him yet. He did a great job recruiting this cycle. But even Nebraska fans blame him as a big reason the previous staff didn’t work out there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom