Class of 2018 - OL Chris Bleich (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 OL Chris Bleich (PA) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So essentially 2, maybe 3 spots left if Atkinson for whatever reason doesn't end up here

Assuming:
Atkinson
Reed
Williams

Puts at 23

Hey why not, add
Hornsby at QB OR Transfer QB
And best available player

Which Williams? I thought Ja'Vontae (WR) and James (K) both signed today?

I sold mine to get pacusewife so I’m out :)
good answer.gif

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Bleich can play next year as many have said not being a factory $ maker SU football isn't in the NCAA's best interest.

So is this the 19th person ? Because Dino said after the holidays. I’m assuming so but he didn’t seem to think anything else was happening today. But this is amazing. Would be amazing if he gets waiver. If Fields got one at osu for no reason at all, I hope Bleich gets it. Would be enormous help right away
Don't hold your breath - that was for THE O$U - the NCAA generally rejects hardship waivers if the hardship is for the student athlete. Now with Fields the hardship was for the football program needing a top notch quarterback for the 2019 season - fast track approved!

I may have missed the mention of it above but I believe at least one of his grounds for the appeal will be that Florida coaches and/or training staff forced him to play while injured. Obviously not sure of the validity of the claims but If there are documented injuries then I feel this is an instance where the NCAA might side with the player if he presents a good factual case. Certainly different than some of the racial slur accusation cases but similarly a subject the NCAA probably doesn’t want to appear to ignore.

I may have missed it. Is this the person that was signed but hadn't been disclosed????

Are you sure ? Landen Salem tweeted out that he was number 19. See page 5 of this thread

Yeah not sure what Dino was referring to when he said after the holidays. defensive coordinator should be named. There will be more kids signing in Feb. but there are 19 signatures and all 19 have been made public

so a question, if he was forced to play during 18 and only played 4 games he still has 2 left but i wonder if he tries to get a waiver for the first yr back as well when he should have been RS??

so a question, if he was forced to play during 18 and only played 4 games he still has 2 left but i wonder if he tries to get a waiver for the first yr back as well when he should have been RS??

2018: True Freshman. Only played 4 games, took 2018 as a redshirt year per Florida.
2019: RF. Played 8 games before entering transfer portal.
2020: Soph. If his waiver is granted he'll play, otherwise he sits.
2021: Junior
2022: Senior

Yeah not sure what Dino was referring to when he said after the holidays. defensive coordinator should be named. There will be more kids signing in Feb. but there are 19 signatures and all 19 have been made public
Does a transfer sign an LOI though?

I wonder if this is misdirection to buy time for the mysterious high school recruit...

Status
Not open for further replies.