Class of 2017 - OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 OL Dakota Davis (MD) COMMITTED & SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Kid's certainly an impressive run blocker and appears to have decent feet. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and can do the pass blocking as well.

LeMoyneCuse said:
Kid's certainly an impressive run blocker and appears to have decent feet. Hopefully, he's a quick learner and can do the pass blocking as well.

The amount of pass-blocking in this offense is not as much as you'd think given the reputation for passing.

There is so much run/pass option that the big guys just run-block a ton. That's why they want huge and powerful inside guys.

The amount of pass-blocking in this offense is not as much as you'd think given the reputation for passing.

There is so much run/pass option that the big guys just run-block a ton. That's why they want huge and powerful inside guys.
I'm admittedly ignorant when it comes to line play. How can they push forward to block on a passing play? Doesn't that run the risk of ineligible receivers frequently?

I'm admittedly ignorant when it comes to line play. How can they push forward to block on a passing play? Doesn't that run the risk of ineligible receivers frequently?

The pass plays are so quick, and with the zone read the blocking is basically the same because every play is essentially the QB's choice depending on the alignment of the defense. It truly is a "chess" offense in that you just take what the defense gives you. Stack the box its passing time, play off its running time etc etc. I think in one game last year they just nonstop ran the ball because the D was playing back. Then when the D creeps up you start hitting them with passes.

The pass plays are so quick, and with the zone read the blocking is basically the same because every play is essentially the QB's choice depending on the alignment of the defense. It truly is a "chess" offense in that you just take what the defense gives you. Stack the box its passing time, play off its running time etc etc. I think in one game last year they just nonstop ran the ball because the D was playing back. Then when the D creeps up you start hitting them with passes.
So basically, this guy's steamrolling every play is perfect for our offense? Sweet.

So basically, this guy's steamrolling every play is perfect for our offense? Sweet.

i'm sure the coaches have an idea though of what linemen fit their O. they offered the kid after camping with him. makes sense to me.

he sure does look mean and nasty, love how he steamrolls people and looks like he has good feet, good leverage and uses his hands well. shown in the clips when he's pulling and those camp one on ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom