Class of 2022 - OL Savion Herring (NJ/JUCO) Portal from Tennessee | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 OL Savion Herring (NJ/JUCO) Portal from Tennessee

Wonder if we will see a few more Juco players being offered in the next month or so. Classes are concluding so teams will know if the players are graduating.

His twitter profile says he plays all positions on the OL but I think he was at OG all or almost all of the time he was shown.

I say think because whoever edited those highlights did a really poor job attempting to identify Savion.

Looks like he needs to drop some bad weight and needs to get stronger (struggles some to get a backward push) but he definitely has some athletic ability. Pretty nimble, good footwork.

If he graduates JC this May, i would think he got a free year his frosh season, and should have 3 years of eligibility left.

Given that, even if it turns out he can only play OG, he could help us down the road. Thinking it will take at least one year of development before he would be ready to contribute.

His twitter profile says he plays all positions on the OL but I think he was at OG all or almost all of the time he was shown.

I say think because whoever edited those highlights did a really poor job attempting to identify Savion.

Looks like he needs to drop some bad weight and needs to get stronger (struggles some to get a backward push) but he definitely has some athletic ability. Pretty nimble, good footwork.

If he graduates JC this May, i would think he got a free year his frosh season, and should have 3 years of eligibility left.

Given that, even if it turns out he can only play OG, he could help us down the road. Thinking it will take at least one year of development before he would be ready to contribute.
Agreed. Read the same profile.

You really have to squint to see him in the film provided, but at 6' 6" 315LBS, he was blocking - many pancake blocks and stood people up in pass protection - no one got to the QB.

Too bad his film isn't better.

Needs a year of weights and learning the system but he can help us after that is accomplished.

Last edited:
Would be great if he could step in and start at Center

Staff says he can compete to start at center or guard. I feel like the center position has been a weak spot. Would be great to have some competition.
Hard to say with certainty with most of the film I have seen with him playing elsewhere, but if he comes here, I suspect he will start at center from day one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom