Class of 2016 - OL Stewart Reese (FL) Verbal to Miss. St | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 OL Stewart Reese (FL) Verbal to Miss. St

Still hoping a QB surfaces. I'm sure the staff is turning rocks over to see if there is one out there.

If it's not a front line QB then I personally woundn't bother. ships are a premium right now. gear up for next class and target a kid who can enroll early. just my 2 cents

I'm thinking flip, if there's one out there.

I definitely don't want a C list high school prospect or some JUCO no one has ever heard of. That's what preferred walk on spots are for.

Guess we're down to Reese, Killins, and White as our final potential options.
Would love to see another full dance card this weekend + Reese.
The numbers will work themselves out... they always do.

I seemed to have lost my way here,can someone please direct me back to the Reese thread. He just might be our biggest recruit this year.

I seemed to have lost my way here,can someone please direct me back to the Reese thread. He just might be our biggest recruit this year.
Check the Florida State board.

We have an in home with him today and the staff needs to sell him hard...

You guys need to be big fans of FSU pulling linemen Landon Dickerson and Jujuan Williams, both of whom we're hearing FSU is at least even to maybe a slight lead for. The supposition is that Reese is a fallback option, and has entered the picture for FSU in case those guys don't come through. He's considered a reach, but FSU has also had a habit in recent years of ending up with less than a full class when a few big fish went the other way on signing day. There appears to be (with a couple of other recent 3-star offers/committments) a concerted effort to make sure we fill the bodies this class, and get to at least 24-25 kids.

Most people don't think FSU would take his commitment unconditionally right now with those two prospects on the board, but you never know for sure with Jimbo. He'll grab some diamonds in the rough, like the 2-star fullback we just picked off from USF. More likely, FSU is asking him to hold off on signing day to see if they have room. I don't know if FSU would need to land both of those prospects to push Reese out, or just one.

Or, of course no matter what happens with FSU, he might just decide to go somewhere where he's a priority and would be a centerpiece rather than an afterthought, which I'm sure is what he's being told by the SU staff.

I will say that FSU folks are hoping HARD that we don't see a Reese commitment accepted right now, not because of anything against the kid, but it would likely be a sign the coaches feel negatively about their prospects with Dickerson and/or Williams.

Good luck. Good player for sure, but FSU fans and Syracuse fans are on the same page here, hoping Reese ends up at Syracuse.

You guys need to be big fans of FSU pulling linemen Landon Dickerson and Jujuan Williams, both of whom we're hearing FSU is at least even to maybe a slight lead for. The supposition is that Reese is a fallback option, and has entered the picture for FSU in case those guys don't come through. He's considered a reach, but FSU has also had a habit in recent years of ending up with less than a full class when a few big fish went the other way on signing day. There appears to be (with a couple of other recent 3-star offers/committments) a concerted effort to make sure we fill the bodies this class, and get to at least 24-25 kids.

Most people don't think FSU would take his commitment unconditionally right now with those two prospects on the board, but you never know for sure with Jimbo. He'll grab some diamonds in the rough, like the 2-star fullback we just picked off from USF. More likely, FSU is asking him to hold off on signing day to see if they have room. I don't know if FSU would need to land both of those prospects to push Reese out, or just one.

Or, of course no matter what happens with FSU, he might just decide to go somewhere where he's a priority and would be a centerpiece rather than an afterthought, which I'm sure is what he's being told by the SU staff.

I will say that FSU folks are hoping HARD that we don't see a Reese commitment accepted right now, not because of anything against the kid, but it would likely be a sign the coaches feel negatively about their prospects with Dickerson and/or Williams.

Good luck. Good player for sure, but FSU fans and Syracuse fans are on the same page here, hoping Reese ends up at Syracuse.

Thanks for the insight.

Ahh - the true dividing line ;)

Sad but true. In some ways I think it gets overblown a little, not that many kids are flat out bought by a school I don't think. Otherwise all the resources wouldn't be being spent on facilities, recruiting staffs, etc. It would be misdirected resources.

But it does make a significant difference in getting kids to take visits, making sure they can afford to make unofficial visits, making sure they enjoy themselves on campus. I'll put it this way, any high profile kid is going to find a visit to Ole Miss a rewarding experience. And since kids know that, it gets Ole Miss in on a lot of kids. For a handful every year, it may be the deciding difference, but considering that these kids have options at Alabama, LSU, Auburn, Oklahoma, yes, FSU, etc...there's at least some cheddar everywhere. But if you've got good bag men, you can just get in on more kids and higher quality kids.

Wasn't he scheduled for an OV to FSU this weekend? Hoping that means FSU moved on and feels good about it's other targets. Hope you guys land him now.

Where'd Michigan trending into the picture come from?:noidea:

Wasn't he scheduled for an OV to FSU this weekend? Hoping that means FSU moved on and feels good about it's other targets. Hope you guys land him now.

he was. but even so...you're still the team to beat :)