Class of 2014 - OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited" | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 OLB Jason Cabinda (NJ) Offered "beyond excited"

Jared Shanker ‏@JShankerESPN 7h
Syracuse commit Jason Cabinda will visit Cuse Oct. 5 and officially Jan. 17. He'll visit Penn State Oct. 12 and possibly again for official

Jared Shanker ‏@JShankerESPN 7h
Syracuse commit Jason Cabinda will visit Cuse Oct. 5 and officially Jan. 17. He'll visit Penn State Oct. 12 and possibly again for official

the longer this goes the better. i don't know how long PSU will wait around before offering someone else, they are really thin at LBer and don't want to come up empty if Cabinda stays Orange

Of course the circumstances are different, that said this hatred is kind of hilarious. If PSU didn't get 5 additional schollys, and instead had one of their originals left, and just now chose to offer it to Jason, would anyone be nearly this pissed off? I doubt it.

As to Marrone not poaching PSU guys, that's no longer anything to worry about, it's past, regime has changed and it's time to move past it. I also think it's pretty fair to point out this is not even remotely the same situation.

But hey to each their own set of opinions.

I think you missed the point, which was when we had a chance to circumstantially make a run at their players, we didn't.

And now they are making a run at ours.

Nobody laments that they are--everything is fair in recruiting until they sign on the dotted line. But what some are lamenting is that our previous coach took the high road and didn't choose to recruit their players when it was fair game due to a personal relationship, and yet now they are taking aim at our recruits. Again, its their prerogative--it ain't over until signing day. But in light of that, its too bad our previous coaching staff didn't look to poach the sh-t out of them when we had the chance, given that their coaching staff seems to have no such qualms.

Basically, the PSU writer says that although he's currently committed to SU that he expects him to flip.

I haven't seen any Tweets from Cabinda about being up at Cuse. He was looking for someone to go up with him the other day. If he isn't up for the game but goes to PSU, I think we are toast with him.

I haven't seen any Tweets from Cabinda about being up at Cuse. He was looking for someone to go up with him the other day. If he isn't up for the game but goes to PSU, I think we are toast with him.

I can't tell as he has a protected account and I don't tweet.

After another lossI figured we would get another verbal like we didd in our first two ( Ls) of the year.

i'm sure he will be ok next weekend when he makes it to PSU

Agreed--this is not a good sign, given the circumstances.

Thankfully we've got a group of very solid LB recruits otherwise, with or without Cabinda. And I don't want to lose him, but at least we aren't all in on him with no other quality prospects in the fold.

Yeah, but that team that lost, beat SU.

True but I hope SU is getting better (and playing a Clemson team a heck of a lot better than Indiana) and moving in the right direction. They do have that win on SU though and it stinks.

According to twitter Cabinda got his official scholly letter from PSU yesterday.

My post got deleted...but TOS tweeted that he was to tired fom his game to make the trip.

I wonder if he will be to tired for Ped a state next week.

My post got deleted...but TOS tweeted that he was to tired fom his game to make the trip.

I wonder if he will be to tired for Ped a state next week.
Jason: "Coach, I am just too tired to come out and visit Penn State this weekend."
Coach: "It's ok son, you can shower here."

I was told not to worry about it but time will tell.

I consider him gone...No inside info just what I think.

I think our only chance is if PSU pushes him for a commitment, but he's not ready. His coach is a former PSU player, and lives in Nittany Lion territory. Going to be real tough to hang on here