Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

I buy the powder, chocolate, and blend it with whole milk and vanilla ice cream. Steven can't stand the powdered stuff, and the stuff you get at 8 buck per 4-pack is a bit pricey for me, too. So, what Steven does is drink a metric pant-load of whole chocolate milk. Eats lots of pancakes with chocolate chips and syrup, oatmeal, chicken, tuna, beef (hamburgers), bacon, eggs, alfredo, etc.

Yeah, Steven was all excited when Coach Hicks mentioned something about being able to take home cases of Muscle Milk. He also really loved Baby-Doll's three egg omlettes. Had two of them for breakfast during his OV.
Yeah it is a good thing they have that buffet. Shy had 4 pancakes sausage bacon grits fruit bowl and then went back for my sausage and pancakes. I forgot the tuna... shy takes a 2 serving can of tuna to school everyday also opens it and eats it plain (gag) Im not sure how he does it i need more mayo than tuna when I eat that. The funny one is the peanut butter everyday he takes a quart zipp lock bag fills it half way with chunky peanut butter and carries it around. He slids the zip open and squeezes the peanut butter in his mouth. The kids laugh at him but its 35 grams of protein a day

I buy the powder, chocolate, and blend it with whole milk and vanilla ice cream. Steven can't stand the powdered stuff, and the stuff you get at 8 buck per 4-pack is a bit pricey for me, too. So, what Steven does is drink a metric pant-load of whole chocolate milk. Eats lots of pancakes with chocolate chips and syrup, oatmeal, chicken, tuna, beef (hamburgers), bacon, eggs, alfredo, etc.

Yeah, Steven was all excited when Coach Hicks mentioned something about being able to take home cases of Muscle Milk. He also really loved Baby-Doll's three egg omlettes. Had two of them for breakfast during his OV.
Ah, youth. Just found out a couple weeks ago that my LDL is far too high, so I look at this diet with wistful longing.

You try muscle milk as a dietary supplement? Works well. That, and lots of eggs, fish, chicken, bacon, sausage, and pancakes =D

Anyways, yeah, track, or basketball, is great, but it does quickly wreak havoc on the weight room numbers.

Obviously you must not have noticed that most of Shys' pics at home are in the kitchen.;)

Yeah it is a good thing they have that buffet. Shy had 4 pancakes sausage bacon grits fruit bowl and then went back for my sausage and pancakes. I forgot the tuna... shy takes a 2 serving can of tuna to school everyday also opens it and eats it plain (gag) Im not sure how he does it i need more mayo than tuna when I eat that. The funny one is the peanut butter everyday he takes a quart zipp lock bag fills it half way with chunky peanut butter and carries it around. He slids the zip open and squeezes the peanut butter in his mouth. The kids laugh at him but its 35 grams of protein a day

Kind of sounds like my diet when I'm in my 5x5 phase of weight training.

Maybe a lot of people don't realize this, but weight lifting, especially when in a power phase, burns an awful lot of calories. During my 5x5 phase, I'm probably stuffing about 4K calories, maybe a bit more, down my throat a day. And I have to.

Kind of sounds like my diet when I'm in my 5x5 phase of weight training.

Maybe a lot of people don't realize this, but weight lifting, especially when in a power phase, burns an awful lot of calories. During my 5x5 phase, I'm probably stuffing about 4K calories, maybe a bit more, down my throat a day. And I have to.
yeah i need the opposite.. i have gotten extremely fat in my old age...i need the calorie burn to do away with the fat lol.

So...what time is breakfast and lunch?? All this talk is making me hungry

B99ZCIZIYAAxLq8.jpg:large

The really impressive part is that its school vacation week so he didn't even have to get up. Though with the snow I'm pretty sure they have only gone to school 10 days since Christmas break... So I guess it's like a 2 month vacation

The really impressive part is that its school vacation week so he didn't even have to get up. Though with the snow I'm pretty sure they have only gone to school 10 days since Christmas break... So I guess it's like a 2 month vacation

Between the snow shoveling, and this, Shy should already be in "Beast Mode" by now =D

Bam... I just wanted to congratulate you on having a son that you've instilled such a dynamite work ethic into. It's a rare thing in today's day and age to see kids pushing themselves this hard even before they get to college. I wish nothing but the best for Shy and hope he continues to drive himself well into adulthood.

He is more driven about this college and football then I have ever seen him. Yesterday afternoon he had me quizing him on the playbook. We had 3 phone calls to coach Lea for some terminology questions. Coach Lea was laughing at him saying it was Sunday and he would give him sherikis number if he had more questions. He also said he was very excited shy was digging into the playbook and working hard. Shy also had coach bullough text him with some names of 16 recruits he wants him to talk with. Couple of defense guys. One of the kids was a linebacker and shy was saying it was weird to be recruiting a kid that could potentially be looking to take shys spot and shy doesn't even have a spot yet. Then shy said you know it doesn't matter who they recruit no one wants this more and no one is going to work as hard as me so it doesn't matter who they bring in

Shy also had coach bullough text him with some names of 16 recruits he wants him to talk with. Couple of defense guys. One of the kids was a linebacker and shy was saying it was weird to be recruiting a kid that could potentially be looking to take shys spot and shy doesn't even have a spot yet. Then shy said you know it doesn't matter who they recruit no one wants this more and no one is going to work as hard as me so it doesn't matter who they bring in
That's a great attitude. Have to look at it as Shy can't man all 3 LB positions at once, so he's going to want to make sure he has 2 quality guys next to him to shut it down!

He is more driven about this college and football then I have ever seen him. Yesterday afternoon he had me quizing him on the playbook. We had 3 phone calls to coach Lea for some terminology questions. Coach Lea was laughing at him saying it was Sunday and he would give him sherikis number if he had more questions. He also said he was very excited shy was digging into the playbook and working hard. Shy also had coach bullough text him with some names of 16 recruits he wants him to talk with. Couple of defense guys. One of the kids was a linebacker and shy was saying it was weird to be recruiting a kid that could potentially be looking to take shys spot and shy doesn't even have a spot yet. Then shy said you know it doesn't matter who they recruit no one wants this more and no one is going to work as hard as me so it doesn't matter who they bring in

depth. top schools all have it. we need to build it.

Wow--glad to hear he's taking it so seriously and going above and beyond. That kind of work ethic will serve him well at the next level.

Screw that he's up at 5 AM on a non-working day to work out, I'm more impressed that he's got his neat Superman logo'd pack neatly facing up on the bench next to him doing curls. :)

In case the sarcasm is missed, of course I'm kidding. Its awesome to see Shy bringing his A-game to his opportunity at SU - it's all about hard work and perseverance. You bring it your all and give it your all, the rest of it is out of your control and that's the best anyone can ask of you, but only good things can happen with that type of dedication (and not just on the field). It something I preach to those younger than me that I mentor at work. Bam ... you should mentor other young folk and instill these traits upon them. Shoot ... maybe you should adopt me as a child, I've become complacent in my older age :) :)

Screw that he's up at 5 AM on a non-working day to work out, I'm more impressed that he's got his neat Superman logo'd pack neatly facing up on the bench next to him doing curls. :)

In case the sarcasm is missed, of course I'm kidding. Its awesome to see Shy bringing his A-game to his opportunity at SU - it's all about hard work and perseverance. You bring it your all and give it your all, the rest of it is out of your control and that's the best anyone can ask of you, but only good things can happen with that type of dedication (and not just on the field). It something I preach to those younger than me that I mentor at work. Bam ... you should mentor other young folk and instill these traits upon them. Shoot ... maybe you should adopt me as a child, I've become complacent in my older age :) :)
Lol thanks but I still have 8 other kids to try and mentor.