Class of 2015 - OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 OLB Shyheim (Shy) Cullen (MA) Signed LOI

How could you forget this...

BZ4Bie5CYAA85In.jpg

The ref in the upper left seems to suggest there must've been a sniper in the stadium.

Can't echo this post enough... After tough games like the 'Nova game, I tend to take a hiatus until Wednesday to avoid all the chaos. I myself had moments in the past where I joined in and learned from it that it really does nobody any good to get on and bash the team. Constructive criticism is appreciated, however, the venom spurted about in the immediate aftermath is just not worth delving into.

The best part of all this backlash is that SU actually won the damn game. The same can't be said for some others in recent years (P5 only v. FCS):
- 2013 - Florida, Iowa St, Kansas St, Oregon St
- 2012 - Colorado, Pitt
- 2011 - Duke, Minnesota
- 2010 - Kansas, Ole Miss, VaTech
- 2009 - Virginia
- 2007 - Michigan

Btw.. just looked this up and North Dakota St is the FBS killer lately. They've beaten: Kansas in 2010, Minn in 2011, ColoSt in 2012, KSt in 2013, and Kansas in 2014.

Hopefully we stay FAR away from ND St.

Ok I'll get the hudl highlights together beginning of the week. All and all it wasn't one of shys best games. He had a sack and 4 knock downs scored an extra point and had 3 runs to the 1 yard line but the qb took it in on the next play all three plays after the runs. I think he had 50 yards but will have to see the offical statsHe nearly block a punt in the end zone got a hand on it but it had enough to get out to the 30. Shy missed most of the 2nd quarter and the starters didn't play any of the 4 th quarter. He is really disappointed with the game he had with coach bullough watching from his side line and was a wreck when he had to come out for the 2 Nd quarter. Tough night to play it was 85 degrees at the end of the game and started near 90. Lots of cramping going on. I guess all and all the stats weren't too bad considering he only play 2 quarters just hoped for more with coach on the sidelines. Next week will be a better game

Bullough came to see Shy? Nice. Good to see our staff out using the bye week well.

As long as Shy's ok, that's the important thing. But yeah still pretty productive for a half game of a poor performance.

Ryan Kilian@masspreps · 12h
Shy Cullen unloads on Connor Degenhardt as Lowell begins to take control in the second half.

Ryan Kilian@masspreps · 13h
Lowell LB Shy Cullen, a @CuseFootball commit, nearly blocks the punt, as he gets a finger on it. You can sense a big play is on the horizon.

Ryan Kilian@masspreps · 11h
Final: Lowell 33 Westford Academy 6. Impressive and dominating second half effort for Lowell.

thanks for posting those...really impressed with his acceleration through gaps.

thanks for posting those...really impressed with his acceleration through gaps.
Thanks he had a really bad game there. As I had said earlier he only played 3 quarters. Next week should be much better

Bambrewer said:
Thanks he had a really bad game there. As I had said earlier he only played 3 quarters. Next week should be much better
we can't wait Shy. No apology needed.

Last night lowell was up 34 to 0 before subbing in the jv kids half way they the 3 rd. Dracut came back against the jv to make it lowell 40 dracut 20. Once again Shy played more offense than defense.( killing me) he wound up with 100 yards rushing 2 touchdowns on offense 4 tackles and a forced fumble lowell recovered. He got the wind knocked out of him on the 3 yard line as he was about to score his 3 rd touchdown. At first the trainer thought he broke a rib but just a bruise. He was heading into the end zone an a kid grabbed his leg and held him up when another kid came in to finish the tackle and hit him in the back just below his shoulder. That was a few minutes into the 2 Nd half so he really played just a little over 2 quarters again. He seems fine last night and today. Next week is a much harder match up so I plan on him hopefully playing more defense than offense and playing the whole game. They will be playing Leominster next week they run a double wing that last year had no answer for and end up losing to. Hope the coaches have a better game plan this year for it. I will get the highlights up ASAP

Bambrewer said:
Last night lowell was up 34 to 0 before subbing in the jv kids half way they the 3 rd. Dracut came back against the jv to make it lowell 40 dracut 20. Once again Shy played more offense than defense.( killing me) he wound up with 100 yards rushing 2 touchdowns on offense 4 tackles and a forced fumble lowell recovered. He got the wind knocked out of him on the 3 yard line as he was about to score his 3 rd touchdown. At first the trainer thought he broke a rib but just a bruise. He was heading into the end zone an a kid grabbed his leg and held him up when another kid came in to finish the tackle and hit him in the back just below his shoulder. That was a few minutes into the 2 Nd half so he really played just a little over 2 quarters again. He seems fine last night and today. Next week is a much harder match up so I plan on him hopefully playing more defense than offense and playing the whole game. They will be playing Leominster next week they run a double wing that last year had no answer for and end up losing to. Hope the coaches have a better game plan this year for it. I will get the highlights up ASAP

Proud of him. Kid is gonna look good in orange!

Bam shy has to be licking his lips if he is watching this game...lots of blitzing and hitting the qb

Bam shy has to be licking his lips if he is watching this game...lots of blitzing and hitting the qb
I just tweeted I can't wait to see him play in this defense sack city... I'm not sure if he is watching I think his team went to watch next weeks opponent play