One last comment on MCW's 4th foul and then I'll shut up. | Syracusefan.com

One last comment on MCW's 4th foul and then I'll shut up.

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
We know it was a bullshit call and it should have been a charge. Clearly MCW was sent to the ground by a forearm shiver that Iron Mike Sharp would have been proud of.

BUT...lets give the refs the benefit of the doubt and say that it was not a foul on Michigan. ...

lets just do that ...how on earth does it then become a foul on MCW? just dont call anything then!

We know it was a bullshit call and it should have been a charge. Clearly MCW was sent to the ground by a forearm shiver that Iron Mike Sharp would have been proud of.

BUT...lets give the refs the benefit of the doubt and say that it was not a foul on Michigan. ...

lets just do that ...how on earth does it then become a foul on MCW? just dont call anything then!
How about #5? Why is that a foul on MCW? Two guys ran in to each other. Both were moving. Why is it a foul on MCW?

I'm not convinced that MCS's 4th foul wasn't a flagrant 1. He might have got an elbow above the neck.

How about #5? Why is that a foul on MCW? Two guys ran in to each other. Both were moving. Why is it a foul on MCW?

Honestly, I agree with you, but I'm okay with that one.

That thing happens and refs make a quick call - it happens. What irks me is that I don't understand how that happens in the midst of all the other . The no call on the travel after TC's miss, clearly the official was all about game-changing officiating calls - why not blow the whistle there too (even though I agree w/ the sentiment that that will rarely get called).

But the MCW play...everyone on the court was b*tching about that exact thing - the refs had to be hyper-aware of the forearm shiver, I think both calls were a big " you, kid" from an official tbh because of all the griping that started when we first went into a press and MCW and BT were like "are you morons going to notice (and maybe the blow the whistle) when Burke is shoving us to get around/get open."

Fouls four & five - just junk.

That's my .02.

Honestly, I agree with you, but I'm okay with that one.

That thing happens and refs make a quick call - it happens. What irks me is that I don't understand how that happens in the midst of all the other . The no call on the travel after TC's miss, clearly the official was all about game-changing officiating calls - why not blow the whistle there too (even though I agree w/ the sentiment that that will rarely get called).

But the MCW play...everyone on the court was b*tching about that exact thing - the refs had to be hyper-aware of the forearm shiver, I think both calls were a big " you, kid" from an official tbh because of all the griping that started when we first went into a press and MCW and BT were like "are you morons going to notice (and maybe the blow the whistle) when Burke is shoving us to get around/get open."

That's my .02.
My thought exactly - it was a big FU. Inexcusable in any game let alone the FF.

I know reffing isn't easy. I work with a guy who used to ref high school games and says it's tough at times, and all the fans and coaches do is yell at you.

With that said, many times I just don't understand why refs call some of the things they do, and don't call many of the things that need to be. It's almost like a frickin crap shoot. Oh well.

That's my .02.

100000%. MCW was yapping at the refs all game long. Not smart move. This isnt the NBA

I ref basketball, and in fact I'm the supervisor of officials in that league.

If I saw only that clip, I don't have a problem with that call. The problem I have, though, is that they didn't call anything like that the previous 39 minutes. This is, in my mind, clearly a case of refs wanting to decide the outcome of the game. It is a temptation that I tell my guys that they must avoid at all costs. If that crew was in my league, they would not be invited back to ref.

CJ could easily received a flagrant 1 when he almost took McGary's nose off. There were bad calls both ways and I don't think it was any different than any other game I've ever seen. Always 3-4 bad calls a game... Let it go.

More importantly, where was the makeup call. I figured after MCW's 4th we'd get the benefit on something. Nope we got screwed twice after that.

CJ could easily received a flagrant 1 when he almost took McGary's nose off. There were bad calls both ways and I don't think it was any different than any other game I've ever seen. Always 3-4 bad calls a game... Let it go.
What you say is true. The point here is there were back to back to back bad calls with under 2 to play which as I understand it, were all made by the same ref.

What you say is true. The point here is there were back to back to back bad calls with under 2 to play which as I understand it, were all made by the same ref.

Also the same ref that called the charge on Brandon.

None of it mattered if James makes some of the open looks we got him or MCW played decently on offense.

Not that I care to blame refs, but I thought the 4th foul on MCW was a worse call than the charge on Triche.

I'm Cuse partial, but I honestly thought Brandon charged when I saw it in real time, it was only when they showed it in slo-mo that I thought the guy slide under him. It was a bang-bang call, tough for any official... How do you know the questionable calls were all made by the same guy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom