One thing JB must do IMO... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

One thing JB must do IMO...

How much of that is due to blow outs

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

This past weekend's games are instructive. IU trailed most of the game and yet their 8th guy played 14 min (no foul trouble). SU's game was not nearly as competitive and yet our core guys played nearly the entire game. We will not be able to get away with that tomorrow.

I just have a feeling we are going to pound this team.

JB wont let us get into a track meet with them. he knows our best chance to win is with defense. obviously we'll look to run off turnovers and long rebounds, but similar to the championship game in '03 hes gonna make sure our guys race back on D to set up the zone. huge key is limiting turnovers, if we take care of the ball and force indiana to beat us in the half court i love our chances. mcw must keep the forced passes into traffic and jump in the air and throw behind him passes to an absolute minimum.
We'd win by 20 in a track meet. They aren't on the same planet athletically. If you want us to struggle you put us in a slowdown. If Indiana tries uptempo god bless them.

I just have a feeling we are going to pound this team.

Hope you are right. My two biggest fears are a) Zeller gets our front line in big foul trouble; b) SU is not ready to play at the breakneck pace that IU brings to the table. To combat these SU will need to out rebound them and minimize TOs. Can def be done but SU needs to bring the A game.

Hope you are right. My two biggest fears are a) Zeller gets our front line in big foul trouble; b) SU is not ready to play at the breakneck pace that IU brings to the table. To combat these SU will need to out rebound them and minimize TOs. Can def be done but SU needs to bring the A game.
I hope they play breakneck. It will be fait accompli.

I hope they play breakneck. It will be fait accompli.

If we try to run up and down the floor we'll lose by 15. Not a good idea. They average 80 for a reason.

If we try to run up and down the floor we'll lose by 15. Not a good idea. They average 80 for a reason.
Not against us they don't. You don't run Roy Williams, you don't run Jim Boeheim.

Not against us they don't. You don't run Roy Williams, you don't run Jim Boeheim.

Simple math, really. The team with the deeper bench can afford to push tempo and def will if that's there style. I think IU has weaknesses but they play the fastest pace of anybody in the country. JB knows that and will selectively run when there but will be careful to do so. Otherwise it would suicidal.

Tomorrow isn't the night for experimenting with extending people's minutes. Not to mention Jim has never in his career given us any reason to believe he would even consider it. I already know Cooney and Grant will get their 5 minutes and unless someone explodes for a couple 3s or 15 footers that will be all.

Haven't we been saying all year were better in the open court? As a team 1-8 we are better fit to play in transition. I don't see Jim putting the brakes on anyone. Not to mention the zone almost makes it impossible for teams to really play quick against so I don't think we will have to worry about it. Even if we did though I think it wouldn't be a problem .

Haven't we been saying all year were better in the open court? As a team 1-8 we are better fit to play in transition. I don't see Jim putting the brakes on anyone. Not to mention the zone almost makes it impossible for teams to really play quick against so I don't think we will have to worry about it. Even if we did though I think it wouldn't be a problem .

If we used 1-8 I'd go with you. We don't (as you said above) so to play an up and down Fast paced game would be suicide IMO. I think SU teams in the past ran a lot more than this squad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom