One thing makes me a little nervous | Syracusefan.com

One thing makes me a little nervous

weakstraw

Walk On
Hunt doesn't throw as hard as Allen. I think Hunt should totally start and I believe his chemistry and legs will carry this offense far. I just hate that some of his balls seemed to hang in the air. A faster secondary could sneak up on some of his up and outs and either kill the receiver, or take it for six.

I think we are going to see some fast football on Saturday. I really hope the D shows up because we have another top receiver offense to play against. PSU lit us up in the second half.

If he anticipates well and throws the ball on time, velocity isn't incredibly important. Chad Pennington was a productive NFL quarterback with a weak arm, Hunt won't be seeing any NFL defenses.

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

you dont need a gun but you need to hit the small windows.. Hunt has completed a bunch of passes but has been almost as inaccurate as Allen . His misses have been in better spots so no damage so far.

That's what we need on deep throws. He just needs to work on his distance. I thought Hunt threw a good ball for his 1st game.

Really? Can't throw hard enough? Can't throw deep enough? Are we really going to have THIS conversation again? As far I can tell he throws just fine and doesn't throw it into OL's and LB's. That's good enough for me. Moving the chains is priority one. He does that very well.

Let's all step back from the cliff for a week, huh?

you dont need a gun but you need to hit the small windows.. Hunt has completed a bunch of passes but has been almost as inaccurate as Allen . His misses have been in better spots so no damage so far.
Ummmm...
Drew Allen3101.2651-89-657.30 %530255176.67
Terrel Hunt2231.8517-22-077.27 %287365143.50

He completed 15-18 last game, good for around 83%.

What inaccurate misses are you referring to, exactly?

"Hang in the air" Are you serious. What I witnessed was balls thrown into our receivers’ hands, balls that had touch and balls that were not batted down. I saw a team that wanted to play and play HARD for their QB. The offense ran smoother, faster and players had more pep to their step.
NOW I'm not saying TH is a savior and he won't have growing pains, especially against tougher competition BUTI sure am happy with his performance, the teams performance and that he deserves this shot without any second guessing. GO CUSE!

"Hang in the air" Are you serious. What I witnessed was balls thrown into our receivers’ hands, balls that had touch and balls that were not batted down. I saw a team that wanted to play and play HARD for their QB. The offense ran smoother, faster and players had more pep to their step.
NOW I'm not saying TH is a savior and he won't have growing pains, especially against tougher competition BUTI sure am happy with his performance, the teams performance and that he deserves this shot without any second guessing. GO CUSE!

He seems to throw a "flatter ball" on a rope - kind of like Vick this season. Not as hard as Vick - but same style of passer.

Seems like he has a pretty quick release too.

hunt throws like a girl

kid missed 3 pass's and didnt assist the other team- i hope they burry him so far on the bench he never see's the light of day- he's turrable:rolling:

His first 3rd down completion to West split 2 defenders perfectly. Hadn't seen that prior this year.

He seems to throw a "flatter ball" on a rope - kind of like Vick this season. Not as hard as Vick - but same style of passer.

Seems like he has a pretty quick release too.
Exactly! Go back and look at the TD pass to West - it was a frozen rope right on the money. Hunt is accurate and that is the most important attribute for a passer.

Exactly! Go back and look at the TD pass to West - it was a frozen rope right on the money. Hunt is accurate and that is the most important attribute for a passer.

This Chris Clark TD pass in the 2nd quarter was beautiful as well.

Donnie McPherson had a rag arm. This is college football. Just make plays.

In College Football there is a LOT more that goes into being a good quarterback then being able to throw it hard, Sure it's only Wagner, but there were many things Hunt did well, and not all were physical. He looks like a leader to me. He seemed like a guy the kids wanted to perform for, and rallied behind him. He shows poise commanding the line of scrimmage and relaying the play. For some reason it felt like it took Allen a lot longer to digest the signs being given to him. He just looks in control. Also once the play begins he shows the patience to work through his progressions. I don't know how many times he came off what looked like his primary receiver. It seemed like there were multiple times where he worked all the way through to the 3rd option. As far as his physical gifts it doesn't take a big time opponent to tell that he has excellent feet. Sure Allen may be the faster straight ling quarterback, but Hunt has the elusiveness to either make a play on his feet, or use his feet to give him a run/pass option. His feet are also outstanding when it comes to pocket presence. Unlike Allen who just stood like a statue and had balls spiked back into his face, Hunt should that he is able to slide in the pocket giving himself passing lines when needed. He seemed to have very good pocket awareness and knew just when to get out and make a play.

I know all that makes him sound like the next coming of Donovan McNabb, but obviously there are things he still needs to show he can do on a consistent basis. You are right when you say he doesn't have the strongest arm a la McNabb, but that can be compensated for. Also, a criticism of his has been that he actually checks down too much, but that can be fixed with confidence and game experience.

Regardless we now have something to be hopeful for. A lot of us saw this promise during Spring practice, and the Spring game. I am sure there are reasons why he didn't get the start out of Fall camp, but who knows if there were promises made when it comes to that? We should be able to tell what we have after a few weeks, but I know I am excited to see what is in store.

Agree with most of your post but since when did mcnabb s arm strength come into question, he could throw over 70 yards in the air and could make every throw necessary including the deep out. I know he could throw over 70 yards because he did it in one of those nfl quarterback challenges back in the day.

Edit: after rereading your post I guess you might be saying unlike mcnabb but I take the a la as he doesn't have a strong arm like mcnabb doesn't

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

He completed 15-18 last game, good for around 83%.

What inaccurate misses are you referring to, exactly?
Now you're going to confuse him with the facts!

hunt throws like a girl

kid missed 3 pass's and didnt assist the other team- i hope they burry him so far on the bench he never see's the light of day- he's turrable:rolling:

Maybe Terrellble?

Really? Can't throw hard enough? Can't throw deep enough? Are we really going to have THIS conversation again? As far I can tell he throws just fine and doesn't throw it into OL's and LB's. That's good enough for me. Moving the chains is priority one. He does that very well.

Let's all step back from the cliff for a week, huh?
I don't think we're on a cliff, but rather a long ridge line. Any way we step is frought with danger, uncertainty and certain peril.

I agree. The difference in the offense was palpable with Hunt as QB. Faster pace, more energy, better results.