Only a true Syracuse bball fan will understand my morning | Syracusefan.com

Only a true Syracuse bball fan will understand my morning

llandz

Living Legend
Woke up and knew I was going to miss the 2nd half of the game and portions of the first half since I was doing an open house at noon. I am in the process of selling my Honda Accord and switching over to my sons Kia Optima. Both have satellite radio, but I noticed I was NOT getting the college sports channels in the Kia. Determined to get this straightened out before driving to the open house, so I could listen to the game on my way, I started calling to see why this was. SEVEN phone calls later, and after paying an additional fee to bring the Kia up to par with the Accord service, I was running late for my open house, saw non of the 1st half, and was extremely frustrated to find out at that point that one car is the XM platform and the other is Sirius and that Sirius does NOT have the college sports stations. Now do I 1) Trade in the Kia (only 15k miles) so I can purchase a car that uses the XM platform, 2) suck it up because I have a practically new car to drive and won't be able to listen to the games on radio. Of course most of my life I never was able to do that. 3). Quit my day job so I can stay home, be poor but not miss the games. Oh what is a fan to do? Signed seriously frustrated.

llandz said:
Woke up and knew I was going to miss the 2nd half of the game and portions of the first half since I was doing an open house at noon. I am in the process of selling my Honda Accord and switching over to my sons Kia Optima. Both have satellite radio, but I noticed I was NOT getting the college sports channels in the Kia. Determined to get this straightened out before driving to the open house, so I could listen to the game on my way, I started calling to see why this was. SEVEN phone calls later, and after paying an additional fee to bring the Kia up to par with the Accord service, I was running late for my open house, saw non of the 1st half, and was extremely frustrated to find out at that point that one car is the XM platform and the other is Sirius and that Sirius does NOT have the college sports stations. Now do I 1) Trade in the Kia (only 15k miles) so I can purchase a car that uses the XM platform, 2) suck it up because I have a practically new car to drive and won't be able to listen to the games on radio. Of course most of my life I never was able to do that. 3). Quit my day job so I can stay home, be poor but not miss the games. Oh what is a fan to do? Signed seriously frustrated.

Don't they offer the "all access" package?

#3 is the obvious choice. Sometimes we have to take one for the team.

Cheaper to buy a portable XM radio and take it with you in the car.

My morning started off poorly as well. I noticed the game was being broadcast on the ACC network.....crap. So far this season that has meant ESPN3 for me here in the Philadelphia area. So I get the computer hooked up to the TV, try to fire up the browser realizing that its now after 12 and I've probably already missed the tip....and boom. Get the message the game is blacked out in my area (they haven't been to date).

So after some cursing. I decide to see if one of the RSNs is carrying it. I roll through all the obscure channels I can find on the dial that carry sports and no dice.

At that point I decide to turn on the local ABC affiliate and see if they are showing a Nova or a Big East game...and voila ...where I least expect it...the SU v. Wake game!!!!

So the afternoon turned out ok afterall.

Last edited:

But another Accord.

Not sure I get the XM thing. I get almost ALL the SU games on Sirius. For example, today's game was on ch 84, Monday's game is on ch 84, and next Saturday's game is on ch 132. To my knowledge, I don't have any special package.

Don't they offer the "all access" package?
Oh on phone call number SIX (1-5 insisted that I should be getting those channels and kept sending the signal) is where I upgraded to the Sirius All Access package. On phone call number SEVEN is where they told me (after I paid for the upgrade and another year of service) that the Sirius All Access and the XM All Access (which I had on the Accord) do not have the same channels. Sirius All Access does not carry all of those SEC, ACC, PAC10 etc channels that I got on the XM All Access Package!! How nice to find out AFTER I upgrade...UGH.

Not sure I get the XM thing. I get almost ALL the SU games on Sirius. For example, today's game was on ch 84, Monday's game is on ch 84, and next Saturday's game is on ch 132. To my knowledge, I don't have any special package.
It is all owned by Sirius now but there are 2 platforms, XMplatforms and Sirius platforms. They have different channels for the same package and not the same content. Trust me I spent 2 hours on the phone with them. Do you get like 5 SEC channels on your Sirius? I did on my XM, not that I cared unless we were playing an SEC school and I could listen on those channels. I had about 15 channels of just college sports on my XM platform. All in the 200s.

But another Accord.
Send me some real estate customers or give me some by you to give to agents for referrals, and I will be able to afford to buy another car. Right now I have an extra car, and it only has 15k miles on it. Don't even like the car, but I am not spoiled unless it comes to SU sports!!!

It is all owned by Sirius now but there are 2 platforms, XMplatforms and Sirius platforms. They have different channels for the same package and not the same content. Trust me I spent 2 hours on the phone with them. Do you get like 5 SEC channels on your Sirius? I did on my XM, not that I cared unless we were playing an SEC school and I could listen on those channels. I had about 15 channels of just college sports on my XM platform. All in the 200s.
I have had Sirius since before the bought XM. I got SU games even when we were in the BE. Oh well.

Send me some real estate customers or give me some by you to give to agents for referrals, and I will be able to afford to buy another car. Right now I have an extra car, and it only has 15k miles on it. Don't even like the car, but I am not spoiled unless it comes to SU sports!!!

commercial or residential

if commercial, we may have something to discuss

I had to listen to the game on the radio today in my car and the only station I could find was the ACC station with the Wake Forest feed. Normally I would cringe at this since most announcers are real homers but since Wake played so bad they had nothing to be a homer about. They had good things to say about Syracuse but didn't really hit upon our struggles this year.

commercial or residential

if commercial, we may have something to discuss
residential. But I can probably refer you to commercial. Where would this be?

Oh on phone call number SIX (1-5 insisted that I should be getting those channels and kept sending the signal) is where I upgraded to the Sirius All Access package. On phone call number SEVEN is where they told me (after I paid for the upgrade and another year of service) that the Sirius All Access and the XM All Access (which I had on the Accord) do not have the same channels. Sirius All Access does not carry all of those SEC, ACC, PAC10 etc channels that I got on the XM All Access Package!! How nice to find out AFTER I upgrade...UGH.
OH Linda Linda Linda! It's a nightmare inside a holocaust wrapped in barbed wire. I feel for you, my friend. I feel for you.

residential. But I can probably refer you to commercial. Where would this be?

I'm good but thx. I'm a 20+ year commercial real estate vet who is not hunting to purchase a specific asset type and I pay referral fees.

btw, dealt with Sirius a lot over the years. threaten to leave and they'll give you anything you want.

Dude. I'm in LA so the game was on at an ungodly 9am. So I recorded it and watched it at 11, after cooking up my weekend bacon. Skip the radio. Record the video and wait until you get home to watch. Just turn off ESPN notifications and whatnot so you don't get premature scores/results...

I used to listen to games on the radio... in the 80s and 90s. But we have evolved. It's 2000-something, or so I'm told. Get into Time Shifting.

If you absolutely positively gotta do the live audio thing — I dunno — can't you just swap out the stereo/head unit for one that carries the preferred service? Or, if that's too complex with the who nag system, just get a portable that plugs into the aux/MP3/iPod input?

btw, dealt with Sirius a lot over the years. threaten to leave and they'll give you anything you want.
Me to. I've had the $79 promo for 3 cars for about 12 years!! ALWAYS threaten to leave. Today they were just crazy and had no knowledge and they had me as I wanted to listen to the game. Did not work out and I drove and "watched" on the Watch ESPN app. haha

Assuming the Kia has Bluetooth, download the tune in app and you can listen to the games on there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom