Only JB's 3rd non-20 win season | Syracusefan.com

Only JB's 3rd non-20 win season

Jasoncuse

2022 Iggy Winner: NCAA Tourament
first since the disaster 96-97 season.

The consistency and ability to churn out W's has been impressive. This also shows what a poor season this was as a whole.

To be fair, dont they usually include postseason when counting wins in a season? If we had a postseason wed probably get there. Which possibly shows you how easy it is to get 20 wins nowadays.

I didn't think JB had a great year this year. Maybe he's finally getting tired as well.

Seemed like he waited too long to call a time out when UVA came back in the first half last night. I know he doesn't think the kids get tired, but clearly they were. And he should have used Kaleb for a change of pace last night.

Our "rock-bottom" is so much higher than the rock-bottom of 99% of programs in the country.

Which possibly shows you how easy it is to get 20 wins nowadays

Agreed, with all the extra games that teams play these days in preseason tourneys, conference tourneys, etc. 20 wins represents a good but by no means great season.

I think 30 wins is the true barometer of an excellent year. It means you had a very solid record in conference play, and made a good run in March.

Agreed, with all the extra games that teams play these days in preseason tourneys, conference tourneys, etc. 20 wins represents a good but by no means great season.

I think 30 wins is the true barometer of an excellent year. It means you had a very solid record in conference play, and made a good run in March.

How many teams had an "excellent" year last season?

UConn, Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona, Wichita, Louisville, Virginia, San Diego St.

8 teams ... out of 350.

UConn, Florida, Wisconsin, Arizona, Wichita, Louisville, Virginia, San Diego St.

8 teams ... out of 350.

Isn't that actually the definition of excellent? Better than mostly everyone else? Maybe exceptional year would be a better descriptor, but I'd say being one of the 8 is excellent. 20 wins is most assuredly not the definition of an excellent year anymore.

Last edited:

8 teams ... out of 350.

Yep that sounds about right - you don't want to water down the definition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom