Orange Arrive at Ft Drum | Syracusefan.com

Orange Arrive at Ft Drum

All day long. You call yourselves a football team?

Does anyone know if those t-shirts Syracuse Football posted on Facebook with SU Football & 10th Mountain Division are available?

Ahh, I see they are utilizing my old barracks and company area again! The first shot of them inside, I spent many 24 hour shifts sitting at the desk. Hot as hell in there.

Man I was waiting to hear a hardnose reference. How tall are you Mr. Allen? I didn't know they could stack ish that high!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

Great video! Had to chuckle at some of the shocked expressions on some of the players. Here's hoping the experience at Drum will bring this team closer together... seemed to work last year. Talked my wife into taking a drive up to Drum on Thursday to check out the scrimmage since we had to leave early on Fan Fest Friday--she's a keeper!

Great video! Had to chuckle at some of the shocked expressions on some of the players. Here's hoping the experience at Drum will bring this team closer together... seemed to work last year. Talked my wife into taking a drive up to Drum on Thursday to check out the scrimmage since we had to leave early on Fan Fest Friday--she's a keeper!

Forget about it if don't hold a Military ID of some sort. They will not let you on post unless you have one.

I hope your MOS was Army Intelligence if you get my drift. Hint Hint

Army Intelligence? The two words are mutually exclusive! :confused:

I am no where near as adept at reporting as some of the posters here and am not all ashamed to admit it. But I will try to come up with something that resembles a report for Friday. Just don't expect too much...

"The war will be over before you get off the bus."

I guess it's tough to translate their standard jabs to football-speak on the fly.

Initially, I thought that this was a bit disrespectful. Football is an insignificant analogy to war and the hard work and devestation that our troops "hump" with. I've changed my tune a little. If the troops enjoy having our team up their working out, sharing in their experience, then by all means, keep up the great tradition.

Anyone else remember getting off the busses at basic? lol I was scared sh!tless, I dont think I talked to anyone for a week. Standing in formation, with all my bags, two drill sgts screaming in my face, (some had 3 or 4). Going through the hair cut line, watching people try to refuse to get their long hair cut. People just getting eaten up. It was a crazy few days lol. The team is getting a small taste of that.

Anyone else remember getting off the busses at basic? lol I was scared sh!tless, I dont think I talked to anyone for a week. Standing in formation, with all my bags, two drill sgts screaming in my face, (some had 3 or 4). Going through the hair cut line, watching people try to refuse to get their long hair cut. People just getting eaten up. It was a crazy few days lol. The team is getting a small taste of that.
Thank you for serving!

Of all of the things you military guys put up with, the drill instructors getting in your face is what would drive me over the edge. I'd eventually flip out and tell them to make like UConn and F themselves. Of course I used to have the same problem sometimes talking back to coaches (which is either surprising because I'm a coach's kid and you'd expect me to know better, or NOT surprising because I'm a coach's kid so I always thought I knew more than everyone else...ha). Basically I'd be Bill Murray in Stripes.

Of all of the things you military guys put up with, the drill instructors getting in your face is what would drive me over the edge. I'd eventually flip out and tell them to make like UConn and F themselves. Of course I used to have the same problem sometimes talking back to coaches (which is either surprising because I'm a coach's kid and you'd expect me to know better, or NOT surprising because I'm a coach's kid so I always thought I knew more than everyone else...ha). Basically I'd be Bill Murray in Stripes.

Flipping out on them never crossed my mind. You're 5 states from home. You're on a base, with no clue where the gates are. You're out numbered 10 to one. These guys have the upper hand, lol. You just gotta sit there, take it, and hopefully it will end in 9 weeks. I'm a huge smart ass, and I didnt make a peep for a week, at least.

Not enough DS spittle for the authentic experience. They probably just sucked on some breath mints also. It's one thing to be smoked by a DS, it's another thing to be thinking to yourself how much this guy's breath stinks as he's in your face yelling. Then you remember, I have nine more weeks of this.

My cousin said they got off extremely easy...more for a little show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom