Orange Arrive at Ft Drum | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Arrive at Ft Drum

Anyone else remember getting off the busses at basic? lol I was scared sh!tless, I dont think I talked to anyone for a week. Standing in formation, with all my bags, two drill sgts screaming in my face, (some had 3 or 4). Going through the hair cut line, watching people try to refuse to get their long hair cut. People just getting eaten up. It was a crazy few days lol. The team is getting a small taste of that.

I remember getting off the bus in 1966 accidentally dropping my duffel bag and the drill instructor telling me hey we got us a college boy. He messed with me for a couple of weeks but I knew to keep my mouth shut and was in good enough shape to handle the PT. After the first 2 weeks he left me alone.
I also remember when I got my orders out of basic training. Everyone in my company was getting orders to go to advanced infantry training which was basically a ticket to Nam. My orders were to report to Yuma Proving Ground. He looked at me kind of funny like who the hell did I know. The fact that I had a degree in engineering kept me from going to Nam and probably getting killed. Of course at the time I was to young and to stupid to realize how lucky I was.

Espn just did a little bit on Syracuse holding camp up in front drum.
Showed the guys carrying logs etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom