Orange is the New Last | Syracusefan.com

Orange is the New Last

MadNY3

All American
Frustrating times.

We haven't been ranked since 2002. We're once again talking about a guy who needs 3-4 years to get his players as a measure to return to mediocre levels. We seem to have a higher, more concentrated level of injuries (breaking: Hicks is not the issue.)

And we had another game where we didn't get beat, but just deflated like a balloon getting untied, going berserk all over the room and then falling to a fat splat on the floor.

And I hate "Orange is the New Fast" and #DomeDudes, which are just...far too cute.

We're in the right league, we have the damn facilities and gut says we do have the right coach. But what Dungey's been going through over a couple games, so have we for all but one of the past 15 years (and the final four games of 2012!)

I many need to buy this book as it's a reminder that the pendulum can swing back, as Cubs fans may experience this year.

This is just a therapy post.I believe...in next year yet again. Because I think it will get better. And because there is no damn choice. Frick.

I'm going with the offensive line injury story. All we need is average there and they'll win. Nothing works when they get beat so quick every down

Well said, IMO it's 3-4 years for a bowl game, then we get to see what the ceiling may be but we need to exercise patience much like other programs that have tried to come from the depths. As I have said we are in the basement of P5 schools once again with Kansas and Rutgers with a long ways to go to get to 5-6 wins.

And again, nobody cares that we were good 25 years ago, we have no better odds than rebuilding than any other cellar dweller. We may always stink, sure seems that way

I'm going with the offensive line injury story. All we need is average there and they'll win. Nothing works when they get beat so quick every down

I don't know about Adams but there is some good young talent on the line. Fact is of the returning guys Palmer was the one guy you really couldn't afford to lose. I'd trade McGloster and Lasker both for him.

I don't know about Adams but there is some good young talent on the line. Fact is of the returning guys Palmer was the one guy you really couldn't afford to lose. I'd trade McGloster and Lasker both for him.

Agreed, just so overmatched right now makes everything look that much worse. Wake has a pretty decent defense. is Palmer back anytime soon or we have no idea?

Well said, IMO it's 3-4 years for a bowl game, then we get to see what the ceiling may be but we need to exercise patience much like other programs that have tried to come from the depths. As I have said we are in the basement of P5 schools once again with Kansas and Rutgers with a long ways to go to get to 5-6 wins.

And again, nobody cares that we were good 25 years ago, we have no better odds than rebuilding than any other cellar dweller. We may always stink, sure seems that way

Everything you said took me back to the 1980's. In a way, coach Mac was saying what Babers is now. In 1985 it finally clicked for Coach Mac and we went to the Cherry bowl. Expectations were high for 1986 and due to injuries we slipped to 5-6 and "Sack Mac" started. 1987 kind of gave us hope, but come on, this is Syracuse football. We are not supposed to win. Before every game that season, I figured, well, this will be the week we lose and it never happened. It might be two years and it might be four, but very soon comparatively, it will happen again.

Frustrating times.

We haven't been ranked since 2002. We're once again talking about a guy who needs 3-4 years to get his players as a measure to return to mediocre levels. We seem to have a higher, more concentrated level of injuries (breaking: Hicks is not the issue.)

And we had another game where we didn't get beat, but just deflated like a balloon getting untied, going berserk all over the room and then falling to a fat splat on the floor.

And I hate "Orange is the New Fast" and #DomeDudes, which are just...far too cute.

We're in the right league, we have the damn facilities and gut says we do have the right coach. But what Dungey's been going through over a couple games, so have we for all but one of the past 15 years (and the final four games of 2012!)

I many need to buy this book as it's a reminder that the pendulum can swing back, as Cubs fans may experience this year.

This is just a therapy post.I believe...in next year yet again. Because I think it will get better. And because there is no damn choice. Frick.
Agree with all of that except the title that hits when they're down. :confused:

I'm not distressed as that was the overwhelming feeling after week two:
The offense to me still looks like a Shafer team

Gotta take the long range view and hold on, hold the nose (kind of like when I vote this year), and hold out hope that Dino can hang in there for long enough to make it happen here. This is it sports fans the long range future (as in forever) of Syracuse football hangs in the balance the next 3 years.

As a fan gonna try to be part of the solution for the next 3-4 years, hard that that may be spending the time and $, this while understanding the true real huge and unique obstacles faced by our program that need to be overcome while also hoping and praying it can be achieved. Go 'Cuse

It's like flipping a coin: not matter how many times you do it, it's still going to be 50-50. We keep changing coaches and none of them has been handled a fully rebuilt program, (since Pasqualoni, anyway), and it's obvious we slipped backwards under Shafer, so, yes, we are rebuilding again. It's very frustrating but there it is.

We are playing our most difficult schedule ever, with each team either being a national power or a team that is farther along in the rebuilding process because they started it earlier than Babers did.

We've had more than our share of significant injuries and they've been focused on two vitally important units: the offensive line and the defensive backfield.

We've played three road games and one was on a windy day and another at the edge of a hurricane. Those things impact passing teams more than running teams. Last night's game was disappointing but it was a battle between a team that passes better than it runs and a team that runs better than it passes in a rainstorm.

there are some legitimate criticisms that go beyond this, (strange play-calling, a lack of variety in running pays, why is Fredericks a spectator, etc.), but I don't think we can really evaluate the progress of this team or the program under the above circumstances.

It's like flipping a coin: not matter how many times you do it, it's still going to be 50-50. We keep changing coaches and none of them has been handled a fully rebuilt program, (since Pasqualoni, anyway), and it's obvious we slipped backwards under Shafer, so, yes, we are rebuilding again. It's very frustrating but there it is.

We are playing our most difficult schedule ever, with each team either being a national power or a team that is farther along in the rebuilding process because they started it earlier than Babers did.

We've had more than our share of significant injuries and they've been focused on two vitally important units: the offensive line and the defensive backfield.

We've played three road games and one was on a windy day and another at the edge of a hurricane. Those things impact passing teams more than running teams. Last night's game was disappointing but it was a battle between a team that passes better than it runs and a team that runs better than it passes in a rainstorm.

there are some legitimate criticisms that go beyond this, (strange play-calling, a lack of variety in running pays, why is Fredericks a spectator, etc.), but I don't think we can really evaluate the progress of this team or the program under the above circumstances.
Like this 100x if I could!

...there are some legitimate criticisms that go beyond this, (strange play-calling, a lack of variety in running pays, why is Fredericks a spectator, etc.), but I don't think we can really evaluate the progress of this team or the program under the above circumstances.

This is the same fan base that critiques Boeheim, so I don't at all get into the certain calls or no-calls this staff makes. I'm a believer in Babers and that he will legitimately turn the tide. It's just more time which is realistic and warranted...but losing seasons being compound by more losing seasons is just painful. That's all.

i dont think it will take 4 years to get to a bowl 1 maybe 2 as the home schedule sets up to have a shot to win a lot of them next year(pitt/bc/wake are all at home next yr)

Frustrating times.

dude coasted for years on Freeney. deserved to get demoted

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom