Orange Madness | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Madness

Crazy to me that basketball season is here, and it snuck up on us since football has been fun to watch.

Been a long time since that's been the case -- for the last decade+, football season was such a disappointment that I couldn't wait for basketball to start up.

I'd take an intern holding up an ipad and periscoping it at this point. This is so weak

You beat me to it -- I watched many of the Springsteen concerts on his last tour via Periscope. This is actually a great idea -- possibly folks from the board could take turns "Periscoping", as I know extended scoping can kill the battery and your data plan (unless the Dome has free Wifi). All you would need to do is post your Periscope "name/handle" here on the board so we could follow--just think of all the "likes" you would get ! :)

And for those of you that have never used Periscope and want to oblige -- you just need to load the app onto your phone, and set up your account (basically just choose a "handle" like you would do with Twitter). Then you shoot the video like you would do with your camera, but you would do it on this app instead, and all of us would be able to watch the action that you are seeing from the Dome.

Last edited:
It's channel 26 in Rochester, and it's still there. HOWEVER, this might be because we're still using the TWC guide and seeing TWC channels. So that may be why some people are still seeing a sports channel.

Ch 19 in Syracuse is off the air.

Ch 19 in Syracuse is off the air.
Pretty clear demonstration of what Charter's up to -- cancelling local sports. I'm wondering if the PSC approved of this move. Clearly this company, like many others, requires adult supervision/constant regulation.

Pretty clear demonstration of what Charter's up to -- cancelling local sports. I'm wondering if the PSC approved of this move. Clearly this company, like many others, requires adult supervision/constant regulation.
To be fair, they have been broadcasting the weekly SU show and high school games on the news channel still.

That being said I dropped them today for other issues.

Was hoping to see Frank and Geno on opposite sides both being able to go at each other.

To be fair, they have been broadcasting the weekly SU show and high school games on the news channel still.

That being said I dropped them today for other issues.
Hmm, they dropped everything where I am, Rochester. THere's nothing but HS. Not sure where you are.

Hmm, they dropped everything where I am, Rochester. THere's nothing but HS. Not sure where you are.

Spectrum laid off a lot of people from the sports channel here in KC but they still have the contract with Kansas to do some of the non-conf basketball games, pre and post games shows for football and basketball and Olympic sports. But that was carried over from Time Warner - I'd be surprised if it was renewed.

We certainly hired the right AD to handle these TV and streaming issues. Curious to know what’s happening behind the scenes. We should be disappointed if Wildhack can’t shake things up.

You would think.

Bville
Well, two former players (Andre Fontenette and Adam Terry) were doing the SU sports shows for TWC with Brian Higgins. I believe Spectrum cancelled both shows. Not sure what their problem is ... maybe Spectrum executives' yachts need work ... but someone needs to figure out who made this decision and raise hell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom