Orange Madness | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Madness

There were people complaining that we didn’t have any Top 100 recruits. Because rankings mean so much.

And that's legitimate but also very far away from calling them trash.

This team has a lot of work to do, we didn't make up for the losses and production of Gillon, White and Lydon (and a little of Roberson) just look at the numbers and remember this was only a scrimmage.

Sidibe will get minutes by default and probably be ok, Brissett will be the best of the bunch but we still have no idea what he'll bring, and nobody has a clue if Marek brings anything as he'll probably be the odd man out at forward.

A lot of question marks with this class, but not trash. If I had to bet on what class makes more of an immediate impact I'll put my money on the class after this one, and guess what, those rankings mean something.

And that's legitimate but also very far away from calling them trash.

This team has a lot of work to do, we didn't make up for the losses and production of Gillon, White and Lydon (and a little of Roberson) just look at the numbers and remember this was only a scrimmage.

Sidibe will get minutes by default and probably be ok, Brissett will be the best of the bunch but we still have no idea what he'll bring, and nobody has a clue if Marek brings anything as he'll probably be the odd man out at forward.

A lot of question marks with this class, but not trash. If I had to bet on what class makes more of an immediate impact I'll put my money on the class after this one, and guess what, those rankings mean something.

Point is the rankings don’t determine if Brissett, Sidibe and Marek can play. Rankings are frequently way off base. You were the one crying no Top 100’s, right?

Point is the rankings don’t determine if Brissett, Sidibe and Marek can play. Rankings are frequently way off base. You were the one crying no Top 100’s, right?

And I'll take our class next year over this one 100 times out of 100 without seeing these guys play college ball and I think most sane people would.

Which class has more top 100 players?

And I'll take our class next year over this one 100 times out of 100 without seeing these guys play college ball and I think most sane people would.

Which class has more top 100 players?

I mean, I’d take Bazely and Buddy and Carey over this class too. Because those are better players, not because of their rankings. Sidibe and Brissett can play. Their rankings don’t matter. Nobody will care what their rankings were. No reason to cry about it. Wait and see.

I mean, I’d take Bazely and Buddy and Carey over this class too. Because those are better players, not because of their rankings. Sidibe and Brissett can play. Their rankings don’t matter. Nobody will care what their rankings were. No reason to cry about it. Wait and see.

Not crying, you're complaining about people complaining about rankings but you even admit you'd take the guys that are ranked over the non ranked ones. Not sure he debate or you probably just saw my screen name and wanted to start ish.

Not crying, you're complaining about people complaining about rankings but you even admit you'd take the guys that are ranked over the non ranked ones. Not sure he debate or you probably just saw my screen name and wanted to start ish.

I’m not complaining. I’m merely pointing out you were the one crying about no top 100 recruits. Who cares, especially if they play like Top 50 kids. Does it really matter? Next years class has nothing to do with your crying over this class.

I’m not complaining. I’m merely pointing out you were the one crying about no top 100 recruits. Who cares, especially if they play like Top 50 kids. Does it really matter? Next years class has nothing to do with your crying over this class.

So our scrimmage game is the one you're going to throw my direction for me to eat crow?

You have zero clue if these guys do anything nor do I. Again, what's the beef with wanting top 100 players? Should we tell the next class to go home and roll the dice with another class with no top 100 guys? It's funny it's next years class that's generated so much excitement.

This team has a lot of work to do, we didn't make up for the losses and production of Gillon, White
addition by subtraction
the flaw in last year's team was defense, and those two were major culprits. thompson, too

So our scrimmage game is the one you're going to throw my direction for me to eat crow?

You have zero clue if these guys do anything nor do I. Again, what's the beef with wanting top 100 players? Should we tell the next class to go home and roll the dice with another class with no top 100 guys? It's funny it's next years class that's generated so much excitement.

No, I’m not hanging my hat on one scrimmage. Watch the videos. Both Brissett and Sidibe can play. I don’t care if neither is ranked Top 100. I trust our staff. I also know rankings are frequently wrong, so I don’t put much stock in them, unlike you. Again, this is about your griping about THIS years class, not next years. At the end of the day, if Brissett and Sidibe prove to be good players, who cares about their rankings?

Who cares? When this team is in the bottom 3rd of the ACC this year I guess we’ll find out who cares

you misspelled nepotism, pete
Calling noah Eagle’s quick rise to next Newhouse network announcer nepotism is like calling andy rautins scholarship the same. Noah almost went to northwestern because of this... thankfully he didn’t and he keeps newhouse announcing machine alive.

You’re right, just the past 3 or 4 classes

Let’s see...Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson were in last year’s class. They both were pretty good as freshmen. Thompson left.

The previous year, Tyler Lydon and Malachi Richardson led Syracuse to a Final Four. Both were 1st round NBA draft picks.

The year before that Chris McCullough was a 1st round NBA draft pick. He got hurt halfway through that season.

The prior year Tyler Ennis got drafted in the first round.

I’d say we recruited well enough to have a few early entrants to the NBA draft. Too bad Lydon and Thompson didn’t stick around this season.

Let’s see...Tyus Battle and Taurean Thompson were in last year’s class. They both were pretty good as freshmen. Thompson left.

The previous year, Tyler Lydon and Malachi Richardson led Syracuse to a Final Four. Both were 1st round NBA draft picks.

The year before that Chris McCullough was a 1st round NBA draft pick. He got hurt halfway through that season.

The prior year Tyler Ennis got drafted in the first round.

I’d say we recruited well enough to have a few early entrants to the NBA draft. Too bad Lydon and Thompson didn’t stick around this season.

We've either hit a home run (all the guys you've mentioned) or completely whiffed. There's been zero balance which is the problem.

We've either hit a home run (all the guys you've mentioned) or completely whiffed. There's been zero balance which is the problem.

Some of those so called whiffs were Top 100 kids like Kaleb Joseph, Tyler Roberson and BJ Johnson. Chuckwu was ranked around 60. Just because someone has a kid highly ranked doesn’t mean they will work out. And just because someone doesn’t have a kid ranked in the top 100 doesn’t mean the kid can’t play or won’t develop into a very good player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom