ORANGE OUT | Syracusefan.com

ORANGE OUT

cuse309

Ace recruiting beat reporter
We as a collective fan base have failed miserably in the past when it has come to "Orangeouts". Let's change that this Friday. We'll be on ESPN2 showcasing the new brand of Syracuse football against a really good team. Let's do this right.

If someone did an edit I would share it on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

We filled 62% of our seating capacity last week. Teams like ourselves need to take baby steps. Let's get butts in the seats before we tell people what to wear to the game. Again, the only way these things work is when the shirts are issued at the door. Its amateur hour everytime we attempt this.

We filled 62% of our seating capacity last week. Teams like ourselves need to take baby steps. Let's get butts in the seats before we tell people what to wear to the game. Again, the only way these things work is when the shirts are issued at the door. Its amateur hour everytime we attempt this.
Exactly, someone in the PR dept needs to go find a sponsor and hit up Manny's or Shirt World to get the damn shirts in the dome and on every seat.

cuse309 said:
We as a collective fan base have failed miserably in the past when it has come to "Orangeouts". Let's change that this Friday. We'll be on ESPN2 showcasing the new brand of Syracuse football against a really good team. Let's do this right.

I think the fan base would take orange outs more seriously when SU takes our uniform color schemes more seriously.

rrlbees said:
I think the fan base would take orange outs more seriously when SU takes our uniform color schemes more seriously.

Much respect Bees, but winning is the issue.

Exactly, someone in the PR dept needs to go find a sponsor and hit up Manny's or Shirt World to get the damn shirts in the dome and on every seat.

Exactly! Geez, these shirts are made in Indonesia for pennies by people making pennies per hour. Ya think mannys could supply 40k shirts for 40k. To get this right, it would take an investment by the athletic department. Personally, we are just struggling to get people into the dome. Just let it happen. These "outs" in all sports are dumb and overrated.

Shirt World can provide them at the gate for $9.99 per shirt. Well no the $9.99 was for a different shirt. Your shirt is $19.99. They can order the original shirt though for $29.99, or $69.99 for two (while supplies last).

Exactly! Geez, these shirts are made in Indonesia for pennies by people making pennies per hour. Ya think mannys could supply 40k shirts for 40k. To get this right, it would take an investment by the athletic department. Personally, we are just struggling to get people into the dome. Just let it happen. These "outs" in all sports are dumb and overrated.
If it's just 40k, why don't you donate it?

40k is a huge cost that probably isn't worth the investment for any of those companies, including Syracuse University.

If it's just 40k, why don't you donate it?

40k is a huge cost that probably isn't worth the investment for any of those companies, including Syracuse University.

Easy big boy. You are 100% correct. I don't expect the athletic department to pay for it. Thats why the whole thing is a bad idea.

The problem with your plea is that you are preaching to the 30k fans that go to games regardless of opponent, record, timing etc. The diehard fans.

It's the other 20k that this university needs to reach and convince. IMO, this only happens when the product on the field proves its value and is recognized nationally as legitimate. It's BS, but it is what it is. Free t-shirts, and cheap tickets will only do so much.

Maybe just me, but the only way the university should have to cover the cost and hand out shirts is if Syracuse Orange were having a "purple out". If you are a Syracuse fan and don't own one orange shirt we have a bigger problem.

even the fair weathers have orange shirts in this town, because of basketball. People will go if it's an exciting product on the field, and the team is heading in the right direction.

How many Syracuse fans don't have orange shirts. I'm for anything that will hype su football, so let's Orange Out the fricking dome

I think it is too early in the Babers era to be worried about this stuff. Winning helps. Honestly, being competitive helps. Make it worth it to be there, then worry about the experience ... I really hate these pleas for fans to show up, it does nothing to help the rebranding of the team.

So insignificant.

That said, who doesn't wear orange? I don't really care what you wear but this "__outs" are just silly.

Sacrilege!!! But I have a dozen or more orange shirts to choose from. I don't need to buy a new one... Maybe the team could... ???

Toga said:
Shirt World can provide them at the gate for $9.99 per shirt. Well no the $9.99 was for a different shirt. Your shirt is $19.99. They can order the original shirt though for $29.99, or $69.99 for two (while supplies last).

This... This is well done.

All students should get free tickets EVERY game. Not just game #1. If you show up at the gate with an SU student ID card, you get 1 free ticket. It's not that difficult.

Hasn't the University charged the student enough for that $200k sociology degree?

I will fess up. I only packed my gray shirt that got us to the Final 4 last year and the Colgate win last week. But I'll do my best to buy an orange shirt before the game. Do I make up for it by actually traveling to the game all the way from Kansas in the first place?

I will fess up. I only packed my gray shirt that got us to the Final 4 last year and the Colgate win last week. But I'll do my best to buy an orange shirt before the game. Do I make up for it by actually traveling to the game all the way from Kansas in the first place?

Only if your car is orange.

Find a Marshall's or a TJ Max--you can pick one up cheap there. Or a Walmart.