ORANGE OUT | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ORANGE OUT

An "orange out" to me means I wear my orange shorts and hat along with my orange shirt.

I will fess up. I only packed my gray shirt that got us to the Final 4 last year and the Colgate win last week. But I'll do my best to buy an orange shirt before the game. Do I make up for it by actually traveling to the game all the way from Kansas in the first place?

How about the shirt you wore to the Mizzou game?

donniesyracuse said:
Crowds have gotten much more orange over the years. It is so much better than it used to be. I'm not sure that an "Orange out" is necessary anymore.
Watch an old replay, or look at one of the old panoramic dome shots and the crowd is very "grey". Every color in the rainbow. The fan gear wasn't as easily accessible back then.

How about orange rally towels to waive? Hand them out to every patron who enters the dome. Put an advertisement on it to defray the cost if you want. Heck, it seems like every pro sports team does it for their home playoff games. I doubt it would cost very much.

C Bomb said:
How about the shirt you wore to the Mizzou game?

I wish I could remember which one that was because great idea to use one on a winning streak. I just looked at my Photos from that game on Facebook and I'm not in any of them! What the heck was I thinking not to have my parents take a photo??

Prob be cheaper SU to simply invest in orange paint for the bleachers
With all the department stores closing SU could probably purchase a few hundred mannequins at fire sale prices. Paint them Orange and there you go.

When Babers and the boys win Friday night, USF will have 45k+ wearing Orange, without asking for an Orange Out

Bandwagon town

How about orange rally towels to waive? Hand them out to every patron who enters the dome. Put an advertisement on it to defray the cost if you want. Heck, it seems like every pro sports team does it for their home playoff games. I doubt it would cost very much.
Actually I thought I read somewhere that everyone is getting pom poms at this game. Hopefully they are orange at least.

I will fess up. I only packed my gray shirt that got us to the Final 4 last year and the Colgate win last week. But I'll do my best to buy an orange shirt before the game. Do I make up for it by actually traveling to the game all the way from Kansas in the first place?
Find a Marshall's or a TJ Max--you can pick one up cheap there. Or a Walmart.
University Sport Shop at Great Northern used to always have the generic shirts for $7.99

Herb Philipson's has 2 stores in the Syracuse area that sells all sorts of reasonably priced SU clothing etc. One is on Erie Blvd in Dewitt and the other is in Liverpool on Rte 57 in the John Glenn strip mall at Longbranch corner.

There are additional NY locations in Oswego, Watertown, Newark, Oneida, Rome, and Utica.

690West said:
God, he'll never live down that Carolina blue interview!

Sorry, came from a kids HS game and that was a HS sweatshirt. :)

OburgOrange said:
Or the time he wore Ped St white to a tailgate. Ugh

I've worn that white sweatshirt a few times. If SU doesn't know our school colors, I don't either.

I'll probably wear red this Friday.

Looks like the team will follow suit and wear all orange for the game

phil77 said:
Looks like the team will follow suit and wear all orange for the game

Not surprised. That should be our one off to be used once a season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom