Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

Agree about the blue pants. Do not like either of those two looks with the blue pants. They can toss those in Onondaga Lake as far as I'm concerned.
Haven’t we thrown enough trash in that poor lake?

Auburn’s uniforms are almost identical to these

Auburn's uniforms have remained the same for years - you see them today and see Bo Jackson and Pat Sullivan and Cam Newtown - you can track the history of the program to the present.

Auburn doesn't have an orange jersey or a blue helmet or some other BS version of its classic uniform.

And neither do Texas, Alabama, USC or Penn State.

They understand the value of a quickly identifiable brand. They understand that a program conveys stature and prestige by not bending to whatever is vogue at the moment.

And they seem to recruit pretty darn well.

I appreciate the effort to incorporate the Coach Mac look but I am disappointed that the AD felt the need to add bells and whistles that are too busy and not necessary - while failing to fully restore SU Football's true brand.

Oh well, what's done is done.

Go Orange!

Hey guys, remember when we used to say cuse sucked at marketing and branding the team? That reveal video was really well done and I’m sure they hired an agency to do it.

We’ve come a long way, folks.

When they say we will be able to buy the jerseys in August will we be able to buy AUTHENTIC jerseys with everything EMBROIDERED?

That would be nice!

New to posting but I've been lurking these threads for a while. I think overall these are great. The more I look at them the more I appreciate the simple approach grounded in tradition, compared to previous iterations or other schools where it's really obvious of Nike's control.

For whatever it's worth, this quote is directly from Cuse.com's release. "The Orange will not wear blue helmets in 2019."

To me, that's a slight hint at possible a Blue helmet coming in 2020. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. But could be something that may make it's way out in years to come. (Hopefully not).

What branding?

Somehow I knew you'd be one throwing a fit if you didn't exactly what you wanted. For the record, I'd prefer what you like also but I knew that was probably not realistic. We have an orange white orange and an orange blue orange version with a few tweaks. It's a nice compromise. Trust me - It's going to be okay. They look way more like Syracuse than what we had.

When they say we will be able to buy the jerseys in August will we be able to buy AUTHENTIC jerseys with everything EMBROIDERED?

That would be nice!

Nike hasn't sold true authentics in about a decade. If we're lucky, we'll get a $120 version with embroidered numbers, but a relaxed fit.

On the subject of buying these jerseys, Chris Carlson wrote on Twitter that he only expects 44 and possibly 19 (as in 2019) to be available for purchase.

Love this view from the side. Nailed it!
View attachment 166936

I thought the O-W-O away uniform in the 80’s-early 00’s was one of the nicest uniforms in college football.

These new ones are very nice too. Hope we wear those for at least 90% of our road games. They’re so good. No reason to change from week to week, but throwing in a once a year switchup is fine.