Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread... | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Orange Summer Uniform Kickoff at Turning Stone Thread...

I don’t think Matt would have looked as good as Taylor in the SU cheerleader uniform.

He was in the house last night. Did he have a role at all on the Cuse.com broadcast.

And thanks for the mental image I’ll NEVER be able to erase!

They should at least offer with no number so u can put your own on ! I’m gonna look into a company who can replicate a custom one if need be
You can get them from China. Not exactly NCAA approved.

I got lots of Steelers jerseys from China idk
If they will have replica jerseys for cuse but if they do my wife will hunt them down

Prolly take em a couple months. The old ones were available with any name/number. Of course, if you do it yourself , you'd probably have a near perfect replica.

Uni watch approves. I don't mind the little things I'd like different. We look like cuse. Finally.

"After a good five (in their current set) years of looking like complete clowns, and several years prior to that with less-than-great unis, SU has returned to its roots with a beautiful new set — one that will look good in 25 years (even though you know they’ll be 4 new iterations away by then).
Well done, ‘cuse. No more S’cuses. The unis are for real now."

great overall. While I love the Nassib era tops, these are no slouches. Minor adjustment for future iterations: the neck collar is a bit too large. If that is necessary from a jersey construction standpoint, then i'd switch the orange neck line to the all oranges, and the navy go with the navy tops - would flow much better imho. other than that, maybe a smaller block S logo on the collar as well, but everything else is solid. Great job.

Anyone on the inside know if Syracuse will ever release their old logos on Nike issued merchandise? I’d love to buy a corporate S Syracuse shirt or the 1995-1996 Syracuse hoops logo shirt. Stuff like that would be great to have

I have no doubt that John Wildhack will implement retro. Walk before run.

The years of only offering #44 jerseys make me appreciate my Walter Reyes #39 jersey with sewn-on numbers all the more.

Remove the "Orange" from the jersey, add blue numbers, remove the stripes on the sleeves and I'm good.
There is only one uniform style that you would possibly accept. You’ve made that clear.

I would have designed them a bit differently as well, but I’m not criticizing them at all.

They did a great job.

Last edited:
This thread has become too cumbersome (and absurd) so I have been granted the authority by the site's Moderators and Administrator*** to impose some reasonable restrictions on who can post for now on:
  1. If you wear cargo shorts at any time you are not actively engaged in an outdoor recreational activity, at the beach, at work at a zoo, or leading a safari, you may not post;
  2. If you wear shoes with square toes, you may not post;
  3. If you wear golf shirts to work (made of some type of tech fabric as opposed to pique cotton, regular cotton if in good physical shape, or a blend), you may not post;
  4. If at any home games, you have selected Bon Jovi's "Livin on a Prayer" or Journey's "Don't Stop Believing," as the fourth quarter song, you may not most;
  5. If you live in Pennsylvania, you may not post;
  6. If you have completed Middle School and still wear jerseys, you may not post;
  7. If you think leaving the Big East was a mistake, you may not post; and
  8. If your handle is cuseguy, you may not post ;).
Caveat - If you are an active player, parent of an active player, a recruit (who is not considering Penn State, parent of an active recruit (who is not considering Penn State), an active coach, or someone who donates over $2k per year to the program (this does not include ticket, parking, and concession purchases, you may ignore the above and post, but you should identify the exception you fall under so that your status may appropriately weighed.

***This may not be true.
I checked off all the restrictions, but you got me about living in Pennsylvania. lol

The front of the jerseys look "busy".

With the ubiquitous Nike logo, the ACC logo patch, the 150th Anniversary CFB logo patch, and the Orange Bowl/CFP logo patch, we'll look like a Premier League Soccer team.

:) :D :p:cool:

I'm sorry if this is already in the thread, I am just getting to it. In the hype video, does anybody know the back story on the "Million Air" 44 plane and that massive hangar at Hancock? Is that some wealthy donor's plane? The video was awesome. It was like a James Bond movie with Dino as 007

I'm sorry if this is already in the thread, I am just getting to it. In the hype video, does anybody know the back story on the "Million Air" 44 plane and that massive hangar at Hancock? Is that some wealthy donor's plane? The video was awesome. It was like a James Bond movie with Dino as 007
Million Air is an FBO at Hancock Airport.

Very true. You can get anything in China, so long as you’re willing to go loose goody on official approvals.

I’m pretty sure the N. Koreans got nuclear weapon production technology in China. (Also not NCAA approved.)

We see eye to eye on the wordmark/S:

We should never wear blue pants. All orange but the helmet (white) is weird. Either do it or don’t. The stripes look dumb, as does the billboard space.

Buuuuuut... the numbers look less intern-y, and it looks like O-B-O and O-W-O are on the table, which is a huge win.

Overall, I’ll take it. They are a huge improvement, and although there is a healthy amount of room to refine, I understand the need to manage KPIs.

These jerseys are a win.

My final 0-10 rating: 6.5

Last year: ~1 (for context)

Last edited:
If it were as small as the LSU above it would have been even better.
I am happy though with the new uniforms. The Orange was just a minor thing and it doesn’t really bother me that much. The numerals and clean colors are the improvements that I cared about and they nailed those.

Agree with this. We're not getting McNabb jerseys back. It's just not happening.

This is close, and we can read the numbers unlike the stupid uniforms we just had where a 2 looked like a question mark with feet (as my kid said). And it wasn't outlined.

This is a win. Take it and move on.