Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG" | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Oronde Gadsden II ... the "OG"

Tampa newspaper questioning why native Fla football players are leaving the state to play college football. #1 Oronde Gadsden II.

Tampa newspaper questioning why native Fla football players are leaving the state to play college football. #1 Oronde Gadsden II.
I hope we are past the days where we get a kid because USF passed

yuck

This is the type of thing that has Cuse fans flipping their lids when a NYS kid does well somewhere else. They dont realize that the fans in the states we get players from do the same.

This is the type of thing that has Cuse fans flipping their lids when a NYS kid does well somewhere else. They dont realize that the fans in the states we get players from do the same.
I think the difference is that there are more guys in a state like Florida. They can spare more than NYS can.

I predict both that OG is going to have a monster statistical season and that he won't lead the team in receptions.

Kids are getting smarter…

I predict both that OG is going to have a monster statistical season and that he won't lead the team in receptions.
so you think Lequint is going to have more than 5 receptions a game? I’ll think he’ll have quite a few but probably not as many as OG.

This is sickening. The next kid might not make the same choice. As has been discussed, it just ruins the college football experience.

Agreed. NIL was never supposed to be about groups of boosters trying to poach players from other team's rosters. But that's what you get when the NCAA rushes to roll out ambiguous rules with unclear boundaries. It invites everyone to push the envelope.

NCAA has to regulate this. Any special interest groups representing a school can not make offers to active roster players. Period. Schools then would be forced to do due diligence on how the player arrived at their school and create some accountability. It wouldn't be perfect but my god, there needs to be SOMETHING in place to police this. To me, offering active roster players is the biggest thing killing this sport (for me personally).
I can’t believe there haven’t been postgame incidents between opposing coaches over this on a weekly basis.

May be my pick too. And Allen isn’t gonna be 1 either.

Agreed. NIL was never supposed to be about groups of boosters trying to poach players from other team's rosters. But that's what you get when the NCAA rushes to roll out ambiguous rules with unclear boundaries. It invites everyone to push the envelope.
Based on your first sentence, your problem is with the free transfer rule, not NIL. Without free transfer, no one would poach.

Based on your first sentence, your problem is with the free transfer rule, not NIL. Without free transfer, no one would poach.

The problem I have is with boosters organizing to surreptitiously pilfer quality talent off of other rosters to bolster their teams. That's not what NIL was supposed to be about -- i.e., booster-prompted free agency, like the pros. Especially when they aren't in the portal.

If a kid wants to enter the portal to see what's out there, or see if they can get money, that's one thing. But last off-season, we heard a lot about players being reached out to behind the scenes, even during the season, before they declare their intentions to leave.

If Isaiah Jones leads the team in receptions I would be stunned too
What I would give for Erv Philips on this squad. Slot wr should lead the team in receptions. Just not sure Pena can do it, even if he stays healthy for the full schedule.

so you think Lequint is going to have more than 5 receptions a game? I’ll think he’ll have quite a few but probably not as many as OG.
Yep, LeQuint is going to break the single season receptions record.

Market down.

Keep it here.

Yep, LeQuint is going to break the single season receptions record.

Market down.

Keep it here.
Why stop there? I'm calling for 1000 yards rushing, as well as 1000 yards receiving. Day 1 pick in 2024 Draft.

Why stop there? I'm calling for 1000 yards rushing, as well as 1000 yards receiving. Day 1 pick in 2024 Draft.
1000 yards rushing and receiving? I’m thinking by game 5.

Well, that's ridiculous.

He isn't three years out of high school yet and is therefore ineligible for the NFL draft after this upcoming season.

Agree with the rest tho, good post imho.

Did the NCAA have any power to stop it since they didn't really create it? I don't think so. Any potential rule is too easily circumvented. It's not what was intended, but once the portal was created, it was easily predicted.

I think the difference is that there are more guys in a state like Florida. They can spare more than NYS can.
Thats not my point. It burns people when a player pans out. If Gadsden was average up here I bet he would not be mentioned in the article. You dont here about the high ranked NYS kids that dont do much at their school of choice.

Did the NCAA have any power to stop it since they didn't really create it? I don't think so. Any potential rule is too easily circumvented. It's not what was intended, but once the portal was created, it was easily predicted.

Agreed. Wasn't difficult to see this coming.

Really? Then who is possibly going to be the top target?
Think Jones, if he stays healthy, has a good chance to see close to as many targets as OG and primarily because defenses will be forced to over account for OG.

Not the same Oronde as last year. oronde’s every bit of an NFL wideout/hybrid TE.

Last edited:
Think Jones, if he stays healthy, has a good chance to see close to as many targets as OG and primarily because defenses will be forced to over account for OG.

Not the same Oronde as last year. This kids every bit of an NFL wideout/hybrid TE.
I’ve been high on Jones being the one who is most likely going to step up at WR. I’ve thought that ever since before last season started after Anae’s comments in the spring game about him being the most productive WR that spring. But if you think he’s going to outperform OG I think you’ll be disappointed. just because he may be the best WR on the roster doesn’t mean he is going to be very close to OG in production. For one I think that comment was excluding OG as OG is a TE. And Jones development was likely set back a tad because of last years injury The fact that he started 3 or 4 games last year without showing too much production should temper your expectations a bit. He could be solid but I don’t expect him to be spectacular in 2023.

Also I think the hybrid TE seems to be more of a focal point position in this offense. I Also think it’s just more likely for that position to be a favorite target for Shrader as he doesn’t have a really strong arm and the deep outs and accuracy on go routes to wideouts on the outside aren’t exactly his strength. But maybe surgery in his elbow can help improve his game in those areas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom