Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Oshae Staying in the 2019 NBA Draft

I understand the concept, but the photo I shared is not an example of that. In your photo, the two being compared are not next to each other, and the camera is not vertically parallel with either of them. In the below photo, the camera is much more vertically parallel and Brissett and Howard are right next to each other. I feel dumb arguing about something like this, but want to make sure you fully understand what forced perspective is.
Your one picture does not trump my hundreds if not thousands of times of watching almost every game over the last two years seeing them standing next of near each other. We disagree. Moving on.

Everyone has a laundry list of what, in their world, they expect Brissett to improve before he consider the draft. I said “some” in an earlier post because I only think there’s a few things he could improve while staying here.

Add a little muscle, get pro level endurance like Tyus worked towards.

Work on capitalizing in second chance opportunities, he has that second bounce to be a monster on the offensive boards.

Of course, work on improving his jumpshot. But really build some sort of 12 to 15 foot game. He’s not a natural perimeter player.

Work on other parts of his game. Find others open when he doesn’t have a look (again idk if he could improve that while here).

Clear out all the guys with NBA -itis.
OB was clearly told to be drafted he needed to demonstrate an outside shot.
So he shot and shot and missed and missed. Until JB told him to get in the paint and stop hoisting 3 pt bricks. Then he was unhappy.
Not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last.
It's a conflict of -- I'm showcasing for scouts vs playing the role the team needs to succeed. Result is bad chemistry.

Clear out all the guys with NBA -itis.
OB was clearly told to be drafted he needed to demonstrate an outside shot.
So he shot and shot and missed and missed. Until JB told him to get in the paint and stop hoisting 3 pt bricks. Then he was unhappy.
Not the first time this has happened. Won't be the last.
It's a conflict of -- I'm showcasing for scouts vs playing the role the team needs to succeed. Result is bad chemistry.

Have you seen our offense?

Is there anyone, anywhere that is happy with it?

He can't improve his draft stock playing lazy pick'n roll playground sets, that's for sure.

If he gone, I wouldn't blame him one bit.

Last edited:
C7EADB6A-2F71-4D1C-B5D1-2BA79CBC5540.gif

Your one picture does not trump my hundreds if not thousands of times of watching almost every game over the last two years seeing them standing next of near each other. We disagree. Moving on.
Alright, then. I can provide more than one photo if you'd like, as well as official measurements from Syracuse. But I'm fine with disagreeing.
Screenshot 2019-03-28 at 8.29.49 PM.png

YWsMpbNo_bigger.jpeg
Brent Axe‏Verified account @BrentAxeMedia
FollowingFollowing @BrentAxeMedia

Here is what an #NBA
NBA_18_logo.png
scout told me about Oshae Brissett tonight. “Oshae should test waters, but he doesn’t have a position that he can play in the NBA...we have him rated below Battle.”

Alright, then. I can provide more than one photo if you'd like, as well as official measurements from Syracuse. But I'm fine with disagreeing. View attachment 157823
Dude please stop. I have seen them stand next to each other hundreds of more times than a picture where Brissett is closer, turned, Howard is hunched head down, slightly bent at the waist, walking so his knees are bent. Remember the term forced perspective. You can not determine height of two objects in motion and at angles and different distances. Even an inch here and there throws off perspective alot. There are dozens of variables that makes this picture useless to determine what you want it to. Take a photography course.

Spend a few months out of the year in your early 20s living in Istanbul, an exciting global city on the Mediterranean? That doesn't seem like the worst thing in the world.

I agree IF you get a contract with an Istanbul team. Great city. BUT if it's some of the places where Rautins wound up, I say pass. Gaziantep? No thanks.

I wish him the best.

That said, the kid can’t shoot a 3 or finish at the rim. He will need to shoot to stick in pro ball...

It might be best for him to work on his shot in the G league or Europe vs here. Won’t hate on him for that. But he has a looooong way to go imo

[
Dude please stop. I have seen them stand next to each other hundreds of more times than a picture where Brissett is closer, turned, Howard is hunched head down, slightly bent at the waist, walking so his knees are bent. Remember the term forced perspective. You can not determine height of two objects in motion and at angles and different distances. Even an inch here and there throws off perspective alot. There are dozens of variables that makes this picture useless to determine what you want it to. Take a photography course.

YWsMpbNo_bigger.jpeg
Brent Axe‏Verified account @BrentAxeMedia
FollowingFollowing @BrentAxeMedia

Here is what an #NBA
NBA_18_logo.png
scout told me about Oshae Brissett tonight. “Oshae should test waters, but he doesn’t have a position that he can play in the NBA...we have him rated below Battle.”
Ah the scout who knows

It's been like this for 40 years and they have all been winning seasons. Maybe it is you that is being dramatic. Just a thought.

Eventually things like that catch up with you. It happens to everyone. Trump is the exception that proves the rule.

Eventually things like that catch up with you. It happens to everyone. Trump is the exception that proves the rule.

Who knows. Maybe querrier will be better. Then, the scoundrel gets away with it again.

There's also a reason why Boeheim is the oldest coach in D-1 history. Most people his age have their feet up, either in the barcalounger or the coffin. He's really, really old. He could be half of those guys' dads. Nearly 80 is not the new 40. 60 might be.

Are we sure this wasn’t occurring at halftime of games this year? Kidding(only slightly)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom