(OT) any word on the missing SU senior | Syracusefan.com

(OT) any word on the missing SU senior

Stevenson

2023 Cali Award Winner Pts Against & Passing Yards
Kids been missing a week. Any word?

Kids been missing a week. Any word?

Nothing concrete yet. The James St place he was supposedly last seen at is in a nice section of James St. The house there is worth $250,000. So he wasn’t in the bad section of James.

The reason they think he may have been at Al’s Wine and Whiskey Lounge is because they found his ATM card there. The police are looking at a number of security cameras in the area.

What I don't understand about the article is the part that says that he "may have taken an Uber". The driver doesn't remember who his fare was? I guess someone could have stolen the kid's phone and wallet...

What I don't understand about the article is the part that says that he "may have taken an Uber". The driver doesn't remember who his fare was? I guess someone could have stolen the kid's phone and wallet...

Yea, his roommate says the kids car was broken down and figures he might have taken Uber to get downtown. But that’s not a definite. If he did Uber, I would think those records could be checked and more info gathered about his travel.

the two pictures shown in the article honestly doesn't look like the same guy to me

the two pictures shown in the article honestly doesn't look like the same guy to me

Only thing I can figure is one is freshman year and one senior year. But even at that, there seems to be a big difference.

Yea, his roommate says the kids car was broken down and figures he might have taken Uber to get downtown. But that’s not a definite. If he did Uber, I would think those records could be checked and more info gathered about his travel.

I guess that's what I meant - wouldn't Uber's records (or Apple Pay/credit card) be able to confirm whether he did use the app that night?

I guess that's what I meant - wouldn't Uber's records (or Apple Pay/credit card) be able to confirm whether he did use the app that night?

You would think so.

Or someone with his phone.
1579990940682.gif

Very helpful article. Explains why there hasn’t been an outreach from the university regarding a security concern or an Uber ban. The silence from local officials makes me think it’s more of an issue with the individual.

I hope the kid is safe and gets help.

The school sent a campus wide email that I didn’t notice until today that included a description of the missing person but no photograph. You think they would include his picture assuming they have one on file from a student ID or something.

Hadn't heard of this until now. Wasn't reading the P-S like I usually do. Never want to see things like this. A senior passed away a few days before graduation after he took a fall slightly off campus during a night out in 2009, my junior year.

Camera footage shows him walking towards creek.

Police confirm student did fall into creek at 3am. They found video of it.

Onondaga Creek was nicknamed Killer Creek for all the people who have fallen into it and lost their lives. The measures taken to flood protect it added steep slippery walls that are really dangerous to try and walk on. When there is a storm, the current in the stream can be extremely strong.

Onondaga Creek was nicknamed Killer Creek for all the people who have fallen into it and lost their lives. The measures taken to flood protect it added steep slippery walls that are really dangerous to try and walk on. When there is a storm, the current in the stream can be extremely strong.

So true. My grandfather was a Syracuse city cop from the 20’s to the 50’s. When he first started he used to be constantly pulling out kids - dead and alive out of the ‘crick’. He was so sad talking about the young lives lost and parents who never recovered from the loss of their child because the nature of it would change so fast and just sweep people away. The current even if only 2 or 3 feet high could knock someone right over and sweep them right off their feet , hitting their head on the rocks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom