OT but worthwhile | Syracusefan.com

OT but worthwhile

wfschrec

Minister Of Defense
All,

I have a friend that I have started a fundraising campaign for. He is a single dad and the type that will give you the shirt off his back. His son (he is 13) was just diagnosed with a brain tumor and just had his first surgery however the medical bills are crippling. I started a gofundme site for his son for anyone wishing to donate this holiday season. After watching my sister battle cancer and yes she might be in remission I am praying to God, I know how hard a battle this can be. My goal is to line up 800 people to each donate 5 or 10 dollars and at least give my friend and his son a fighting chance. I wish you all a very safe and Merry Christmas.

Go Orange!

All,

I have a friend that I have started a fundraising campaign for. He is a single dad and the type that will give you the shirt off his back. His son (he is 13) was just diagnosed with a brain tumor and just had his first surgery however the medical bills are crippling. I started a gofundme site for his son for anyone wishing to donate this holiday season. After watching my sister battle cancer and yes she might be in remission I am praying to God, I know how hard a battle this can be. My goal is to line up 800 people to each donate 5 or 10 dollars and at least give my friend and his son a fighting chance. I wish you all a very safe and Merry Christmas.

Go Orange!

Ugh forgot the link, I'm so distraught I didn't add the most important piece.

http://www.gofundme.com/schreck

Added a little bit more to your worthy cause. However, because of my personal beliefs my money doesn't come alone, it also comes with prayers for your friend, his son, and their whole family. I hope you, as well as them, don't mind. Thank you for what you are doing.

Added a little bit more to your worthy cause. However, because of my personal beliefs my money doesn't come alone, it also comes with prayers for your friend, his son, and their whole family. I hope you, as well as them, don't mind. Thank you for what you are doing.

Thanks so very much! I will promise to keep you all posted here ... I have sent this to family and friends and hope to give my friend the best Christmas he could hope for! He truly is a one of a kind guy and helped me tremendously when I had a tough break and I only pray I can do the same for him!

Shout out to Cusetroop for contributing as well! Thank you both!

Good luck!

Thanks so much and many thanks to Andrew and Wayne for adding to the list of donors. It is hard watching someone so young go through this stuff but I will say he is handling it better than I would ... I had a cancer scare when I was 17 ...Was having serious headaches and at times were so bad I couldn't walk. Upon early diagnosis based on symptoms my doctor thought I had a brain tumor. Turns out it was a sinus infection that caused the upper front quadrant of my face to swell internally and was putting immense pressure on my skull. I was lucky I didn't die and have cancer at the same time. I remember how I felt at that point ... never felt such relief ... I have tried to put myself in his shoes but can't .. just downright hard to see a young kid like that.

Cherie and Chris thanks for the latest donations! Crusty I have to be honest the boy's father helped me in a very difficult time this is the least I can do. Honestly in spite of all the crazyness that goes on here at syracusefan I also know how empassioned and compassionate the group here is. Everyone here no matter how they feel about politics or the football or hoops squad is very supportive and kind and I can't speak enough about what some have already done. Above and beyond folks! Thanks to all of you and as promised as things progress I will keep everyone updated on his status and the status of our drive to make sure the family has all they need. This is such a tough situation to begin with but to have this fall during the holidays is very hard. Thanks to each and every one of you!

Just a quick update... after 3 days, it stands that $358 of $8,000 has been raised. We can do better! It's tax planning season and everyone could stand to get another donation on the books!

Just a quick update... after 3 days, it stands that $358 of $8,000 has been raised. We can do better! It's tax planning season and everyone could stand to get another donation on the books!

thanks Orangepace ... I don't want anyone to feel pressured ... I know how the holidays can be .. however I will be matching the first $350 myself when I receive my travel reimbursement from my company next week. This is a cause I very much believe in on a personal level and as someone who hates cancer :)

So far hit 4% of our target and I will be matching with another 4% on Monday. If anyone here knows of anyone (much like my wife and I) who like to donate regularly during the holidays please share this link with them. Thanks for all that have contributed thus far!

CBomb thank you! I myself contributed $350 this morning to bring the total up to 8% of the goal. Thanks so much to all that have contributed so far, it will be a long climb but I really appreciate it! Todd's son will be going for more tests in January to check on progression so I hope to be real close to 100% raised by then. Happy Holidays to my syracusefan.com family!

CBomb thank you! I myself contributed $350 this morning to bring the total up to 8% of the goal. Thanks so much to all that have contributed so far, it will be a long climb but I really appreciate it! Todd's son will be going for more tests in January to check on progression so I hope to be real close to 100% raised by then. Happy Holidays to my syracusefan.com family!

Ah, a fitting purpose for my 500th post: Glad to contribute.

All,

Go Orange!
Helped - I'll be thinking of him. Want to keep this topic at the top of the new posts chart so more people will notice and contribute.