OT: Chip Kelly to Eagles per @mortreport (?) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Chip Kelly to Eagles per @mortreport (?)

Rumor is the Oregon OC (Helfrich) has already been appointed as coach-in-waiting.

Kelly and Marrone are apples and oranges.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Everyone is ready to pounce when he takes his staff with him. Completely different situation. For reasons I posted earlier in the thread. But to add to it, how many NFL contacts does Kelly have from his days at New Hampshire and Oregon?

yikes you'd think people knew that I posted tongue in cheek by now... My post was a snide comment to those that didn't realize.

yikes you'd think people knew that I posted tongue in cheek by now... My post was a snide comment to those that didn't realize.

Yikes, definitely misread. I still need a "/snark" to be sure.

Everyone is ready to pounce when he takes his staff with him. Completely different situation. For reasons I posted earlier in the thread. But to add to it, how many NFL contacts does Kelly have from his days at New Hampshire and Oregon?
look for couple of my old coaches to end up with him, especially Sean McDonnell. Good friends. Been at UNH a long while now as their version of "coach Mac" and if I know him he'll be ready for another challenge. Maybe some old Hamilton guys he's connected with in coaching, one mentioned here for us, Joe Gilbert might go, Herb Hand, and Steve Stetson are names I wouldn't be at all surprised to see show up there in some capacity. All would be good hires and share the same wide open philosophy as him.

So when does the class for Oregon fans start when we show them how to throw a former coach under the bus?

Chip kelly has no NFL playing or coaching experience. Has there every been a college coach with no playing/coaching experience in nfl who was a successful coach in the nfl??

@dav4815 Chip Kelley waited until after classes started so that recruits could not decommit... A coach that cares about his university

@dav4815 Chip Kelley waited until after classes started so that recruits could not decommit... A coach that cares about his university

That is despicable. Any kid should be able to break a signed LOI in this case, as well as instantly enroll in another school.

Another thing... I love that he left Oregon for Philly. He was an NCAA coach. NCAA coaches don't deserve to be paid like kings. NFL coaches deserve more as some of their players are paid more than them.

The whole coach compensation thing in college football/basketball is absolutely focking ridiculous. You know how many scholarships could be opened up with some of the excess money?

Sorry to rant. I'm a capitalist and this shiit chaps my ass.

That is despicable. Any kid should be able to break a signed LOI in this case, as well as instantly enroll in another school.

Another thing... I love that he left Oregon for Philly. He was an NCAA coach. NCAA coaches don't deserve to be paid like kings. NFL coaches deserve more as some of their players are paid more than them.

The whole coach compensation thing in college football/basketball is absolutely focking ridiculous. You know how many scholarships could be opened up with some of the excess money?

Sorry to rant. I'm a capitalist and this shiit chaps my ass.
you're clearly not a capitalist.

you're clearly not a capitalist.

Lol. You clearly do not know me. I have an issue with it in college, have zero issue with it in the NFL ranks.

Lol. You clearly do not know me. I have an issue with it in college, have zero issue with it in the NFL ranks.
Well capitalism doesn't stop at the gates of the university. Capitalists don't mix in value judgements like "deserve" into their analysis. Your opinion is your opinion. That's fine. It isn't capitalism, though.

Chip Kelly with access to unlimited cheese steaks and soft pretzels is not a good thing

I am excited as an Eagles fan! The Eagles have the offensive weapons to really work well in Kelly's system. I think now they go OT for sure in the first round although I would love for them to wait and get Pugh in round 2 and go after Jarvis Jones in the first or move back and get Dee Millner.