OT: Curry thanks Dad | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Curry thanks Dad

What obvious guy did I miss?

if Tim Duncan plays another year, he is still a top 20 player in the league and can play like a top 10 guy for stretches. He is the most obvious, plus of course all the guards (as you mentioned). Also, I would not count Kobe Bryant out just yet.

the next 12 would be

C Drummond, Duncan (yeah, I know, he wants to be a PF but the 2nd team needs him in the middle)
F LMA, Carmelo, George, Favors, Monroe
G Lillard, Wall, Butler, Kyrie, Wade

fifth guard is a tough call - I took Wade because he is still very effective when he plays; the next best are all points and we already have 3 of them. If not them, do you take an unconscious shooter like Korver, or Danny Green as a 3 and D guy? problem with those two is that they don't have the star quality that the rest of the squad possesses. And, of course, there is the Kobe wild card.

most obvious still left off would be Draymond Green & Gordon Hayward

your first 12 are better than my second 12, but I bet mine could win 4 out of 10 in a series.

I kinda wrote Duncan off just because I assumed at his age he'd have no interest in playing. I would say he would for sure still be in the argument.

I'd swap Draymond in for one of Favors or Monroe; I think he might be a better player anyway, but I think you'd be stuck for wing defense with those forwards and you'd need what Green could give you. I also think you're probably short a shooter at the guard spot (granted it was easier for me since I got to pick the best players), so you'd probably want Korver or Green.

I notice that we both left Dwight Howard off . . . I guess he would swap in for Duncan if he's not still playing next season

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom