OT - FIU's New Court | Syracusefan.com

OT - FIU's New Court

What is wrong with these places? Whatever happened to just having a good old-fashioned, plain basketball court.

What is wrong with these places? Whatever happened to just having a good old-fashioned, plain basketball court.

It's about bling and swag and all that "hey, look at us" mantra.

Anyone see the other option? It was between the one they picked and this one right here. I think its pretty cool, why not make it flashy. Your a lower level school, anything you can do to get kids to come is a bonus.

FIU COURT.jpg

Woof. There are plenty of things you can do to make a court cool and unique, but putting some tacky beach clip art all over it isn't one of em. Honestly, whoever designed this should quit.

Not to mention, that's a pretty harsh line where it goes to dark blue and I can easily see players getting confused with where the out of bounds line is.

Woof. There are plenty of things you can do to make a court cool and unique, but putting some tacky beach clip art all over it isn't one of em. Honestly, whoever designed this should quit.

Not to mention, that's a pretty harsh line where it goes to dark blue and I can easily see players getting confused with where the out of bounds line is.

Ya I didn't think about the blue line at the bottom. I'm sure they had to get permission from thier conference to use that on the court.

My team played a holiday tournament at FIU in 2004. The windows shown in the photo were papered shut during the visiting teams' (closed) practices. During our practice, a hole appeared in the paper on the right-most of those windows, just inside that FIU column. FIU's head coach was camped out there, watching intently for about 25 minutes.

Also, that court is ugly.

The artwork is cool, but I'm not sure taking the "paint" away from the basket and spreading it all over the court is the best way to distinguish your BB facilities (or improve rebounding).

Perhaps Im wrong but should the water not be underneath the cat thing? Looks odd to me

It's the wave coming in. From the top... Water, foamy , sand

It's the wave coming in. From the top... Water, foamy , sand
No sir , it looks like the surf washing up un the beach to me. On the wrong side of the cat

I agree, you just need to look at it as if you are on the beach looking out into ocean.

I would find it distracting to play on, and left- vs. right-handed players might be favored depending on which half they are playing.

Why is this not safe for work? There isn't a naked person in the gym...

Was wondering the same thing. Must have stared at it for 30 seconds looking for something that did not exist.

I am disappoint :(

I think they should have went with "Isiah Thomas Court"

Has some similarities to the Long Beach St court I saw this year that also seemed inspired by Oregon's court. Except this one plays up the shore.

Not a fan but I am certain it appeals to some.

It sucks out loud. It sucks for multiple reasons. First, among them, is that it's simply bad illustration. Looks like what you'd find on a Ft. Lauderdale gift shop beach towel.

This, and those horrendous Adidas uniforms are making my stomach go wicky-wonky on a regular basis. Whatever happened to taste?

The Boise St blue field is also an atrocity. Watching a game shouldn't make your eyes hurt.

By way of contrast, the Oregon 'forest' court was executed better. Still not 'good,' but i like their various efforts.

how are you supposed to see the 3pt line in the one corner?

I feel like I traditionally hate anything even remotely tacky looking, but for some strange reason I actually think this court is pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom