OT: NCAA so mad at Pitino/Roy... | Syracusefan.com

OT: NCAA so mad at Pitino/Roy...

pleading ignorance here but does this mean no more football summer camps at Fort Drum?

upload_2016-4-8_13-2-47.png

Wait, SM loses only 5 scholarships for coach-initiated academic misconduct that involved numerous player/staff and impermissible financial benefits????

Unreal how SU's penalty continues to look worse and worse compared to other situations...

Wait, SM loses only 5 scholarships for coach-initiated academic misconduct that involved numerous player/staff and impermissible financial benefits????

Unreal how SU's penalty continues to look worse and worse compared to other situations...

I was wondering how long it would take someone to notice the scholarship penalties. Unbelievable. 5 scholarships over 3 years. For all that. I can't wait to hear the justification for SU's. Someone on here should start a website comparing these penalties and the cries committed. I would love to see that in a column format.

The coach is gone. We still have our coach. Makes a difference.

The coach is gone. We still have our coach. Makes a difference.
I thought the NCAA concluded JB had no knowledge of any of it?

I agree that Tyndall getting the 10 yr show cause was big, but the school/program still had him in place during all this. I guess the NCAA concluded most of it should fall on Tyndall and the assistants, instead of the program, while banging JB AND the program for lesser infractions.

I thought the NCAA concluded JB had no knowledge of any of it?

I agree that Tyndall getting the 10 yr show cause was big, but the school/program still had him in place during all this. I guess the NCAA concluded most of it should fall on Tyndall and the assistants, instead of the program, while banging JB AND the program for lesser infractions.

He didn't promote an "atmosphere of compliance". He kept his job even though he didn't follow the rules according to the NCAA. That's why we got the larger penalty.

Yeah pretty sure I'm OK with the scholarship reductions seeing as how our coach didn't get Pete Rose'd.

10 year show-cause. Wow. The NCAA really IS pi$$ed at UNC.
10 year show-cause. Does that not start immediately? What does it exactly mean?

10 year show-cause. Does that not start immediately? What does it exactly mean?
I assume it starts immediately, although my guess is he receives a chance to appeal. I don't know.

Essentially, show-cause means that any NCAA school that wants to hire him needs to appear before the NCAA and state why they should be able to hire him, along with other onerous restrictions (every 6 months they need to report back to the NCAA, abide by any restrictions imposed in the show-cause penalty, etc.). Otherwise, if they hire a show-cause coach, the penalties imposed on the original school would also be imposed on the school that hired him/her.

I'm not sure if any school has hired a show-cause-penalized coach to coach. Jim Tressel was hired by Youngstown State while he was under a show-cause penalty, but was hired as President of the university and not to coach.

I assume it starts immediately, although my guess is he receives a chance to appeal. I don't know.

Essentially, show-cause means that any NCAA school that wants to hire him needs to appear before the NCAA and state why they should be able to hire him, along with other onerous restrictions (every 6 months they need to report back to the NCAA, abide by any restrictions imposed in the show-cause penalty, etc.). Otherwise, if they hire a show-cause coach, the penalties imposed on the original school would also be imposed on the school that hired him/her.

I'm not sure if any school has hired a show-cause-penalized coach to coach. Jim Tressel was hired by Youngstown State while he was under a show-cause penalty, but was hired as President of the university and not to coach.
Ok thank you. That's the big hang up with show-cause that I didn't know. The part about the new school having the same sanctions as the previous school.

Now that is a fudging penalty.

Ok thank you. That's the big hang up with show-cause that I didn't know. The part about the new school having the same sanctions as the previous school.

Now that is a fudging penalty.
Sure is. The rule was put in to avoid having a coach leave a school with penalties and skating to another job. One thing the NCAA got right.

Sure is. The rule was put in to avoid having a coach leave a school with penalties and skating to another job. One thing the NCAA got right.
Except Frank Haith? And Pay Pal Cal?

Calamari was never directly charged with any direct violation. Haith was given a 5 game ban after he left, but was never saddled with show-cause.

that they drop the hammer on Donnie Tyndall (So. Miss)
That sounds like one of the more epic screw jobs of all time, if Tyndall is correct that the punishment is based on the word of just the former AC, and that his story changed at least once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom