OT: RIP Dennis Farina | Syracusefan.com

OT: RIP Dennis Farina

jekelish

Living Legend
Who had him in the death pool? Love Dennis Farina. Not many people can drop the F-bomb quite like he did. The following video puts that on display, and is EXTREMELY not safe for work due to the, well, insane amount of F-bombs.

Wow! 2 cast members From Get Shorty in 2 months! Who's next Gene Hackman???
SkyNet knows that one actor from Get Shorty is responsible for its destruction in 2018, but it doesn't know which one . . .

Don't forget "Snatch".

Who could ever forget Snatch? I remember seeing that movie at Carousel. So great.

"Why do they call him the bullet dodger?"
"...because he dodges bullets, Avi..."

"Anything to declare?"
"Yeah, don't go to England."

I knew him mostly from Law & Order. He was good. Not as good as Orbach, but good.

I knew him mostly from Law & Order. He was good. Not as good as Orbach, but good.

It's funny you mention that. I will absolutely not watch an L&O episode without Orbach...unless it features Farina. That's literally the only exception.

It's funny you mention that. I will absolutely not watch an L&O episode without Orbach...unless it features Farina. That's literally the only exception.

You ought to go back to the very early ones, with Chris Noth, especially when his partner was Paul Sorvino.

By the way, Jerry Orbach played a defense attorney in one of the early episodes before he became Lenny. Much like S. Epatha Merkersen had a one-episode role as a grieving mother before she became the regular Loo.

You ought to go back to the very early ones, with Chris Noth, especially when his partner was Paul Sorvino.

By the way, Jerry Orbach played a defense attorney in one of the early episodes before he became Lenny. Much like S. Epatha Merkersen had a one-episode role as a grieving mother before she became the regular Loo.

The problem with the early Noth/Sorvino ones for me was that not only did they not have Orbach, but Jack McCoy wasn't there either. I basically need at a MINIMUM Lenny "Isaiah" Briscoe or Jack McCoy in my Law and Order.

The problem with the early Noth/Sorvino ones for me was that not only did they not have Orbach, but Jack McCoy wasn't there either. I basically need at a MINIMUM Lenny "Isaiah" Briscoe or Jack McCoy in my Law and Order.

Season 4: Lenny Briscoe as lead detective; Ben Stone (Michael Moriarity) as A.D.A.

That meets your requirement.

Season 4: Lenny Briscoe as lead detective; Ben Stone (Michael Moriarity) as A.D.A.

That meets your requirement.

Weird, for some reason I thought Moriarty left after like 2 seasons.

Either way, next to Briscoe, McCoy was by far my favorite character on the show. Followed probably by Green.

man this is a shocker. He was a good actor. Tough break man.

He was fantastic chasing Ray Luca in crime story.

I liked Crime Story, if for no other reason than they used Del Shannon's Runaway as its theme song.