OT - Stanford - Utah | Syracusefan.com

OT - Stanford - Utah

Cheriehoop

Moderator/ 2019-20 Iggy Winner Reg Season Rcd
Is this weird or not? I've never seen a coach (Dawkins) interviewed by a reporter during a basketball game at the 15 minute timeout in the first half. The game was then held up from restarting (dead time) till Dawkins could run back across the court to the Stanford bench sidelines after the interview. Have I just ignored this stuff before?

Is this weird or not? I've never seen a coach (Dawkins) interviewed by a reporter during a basketball game at the 15 minute timeout in the first half. The game was then held up from restarting (dead time) till Dawkins could run back across the court to the Stanford bench sidelines after the interview. Have I just ignored this stuff before?
I don't remember seeing a situation like that. Odd.

That's probably something new that all those tv production experts think is the greatest thing ever. ESPN tried something similar for a few games a few years ago. Personally I'd rather just let the coaches do their job rather than listen to them do an interview they don't want to do and just give coach-speak.

It was strange to see the game stopped (ref holding the ball while both teams were on the court waiting) till the interview ended and Dawkins walked down the near sideline and then ran across the court to the Stanford bench. The game is so media centric. Everyone else is just an actor in their production. I'd really dislike it if I was a coach. He never even got to speak with his team during the TO. Bad enough they do it at half-time as they are heading to the locker room, now at media TO's also?

Disgraceful! We fans are the limp chipmunks in the slavering jaws of the NCAA and the media. But here's something I have witnessed: a dead, limp chipmunk casually dropped on my floor by my cat can give itself a shake, come to and then run around like crazy. If it is lucky, it will find the open door I have made for it. If it is unlucky, back into the slavering jaws of Mr. Fluffer Wumpkins.

I think there's a point in there somewhere, but I'm not sure what. Time to take more gingko biloba. Can't these coaches Just Say No?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom