OT - SVP leaving ESPN Radio | Syracusefan.com

OT - SVP leaving ESPN Radio

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
And I'm not a big fan of the news. I know many people here have issues with the worldwide leader for a variety of good reasons, so not sure this bothers too many folks. But as a fan of college basketball, ESPN radio is losing a guy (albeit so he can focus on ESPN TV) who actually talked about the sport I'm a fan of and not just during March Madness. He and Russillo do a pretty decent job at talking college hoops and were the last bastion after the departure of Gottlieb. Now it will be back to NFL 98% of the time with the rest of the sports mixed in occasionally.

Plus I liked to hear the stories about visiting the college towns.

I was bummed out when I heard this yesterday. They are a staple of my work morning. They are moving him to his own "sportscenter" type thing at midnight? What?

I hope this also means Russillo takes over the NBA stuff Simmons was doing. I'll miss this radio show and hope that they don't replace these two with Adnan and Kanell

Has anyone caught Bomani's new show? It comes on right as I'm leaving work, I really dig his podcast, but that is more pop culture related.

A senior vice president is leaving? What's his name? ;);)

(I live in a world of corporate titles... not the world of sports radio. When I read the subject line, I literally thought some ESPN corporate big was leaving).

BTW, who is SVP?

A senior vice president is leaving? What's his name? ;);)

(I live in a world of corporate titles... not the world of sports radio. When I read the subject line, I literally thought some ESPN corporate big was leaving).

BTW, who is SVP?

Scott Van Pelt of ESPN.

cto said:
A senior vice president is leaving? What's his name? ;);) (I live in a world of corporate titles... not the world of sports radio. When I read the subject line, I literally thought some ESPN corporate big was leaving). BTW, who is SVP?

You've met him.

Dang it. I listen to pod casts when trying to fall asleep and when working out. SVP is one in the rotation as is the BS report. Am I going to have to start listening to Perez Hilton?

I am bummed out by this. I live in Syracuse but I spend more time than I care to admit driving for work, and I have Sirius radio in my car. I have a hard time with mike and mike, cowherd I can stand, but SVP and rusillo I look forward to. like I said, I am in the car way too much. rusillo is just fine but SVP is legitimately a hilarious man. i wont be watching the show, but godspeed SVP

I was bummed out when I heard this yesterday. They are a staple of my work morning. They are moving him to his own "sportscenter" type thing at midnight? What?

The gist I got is that he has plans to do a lot of new stuff within the concept of Sportscenter. I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out, but SVP & Russilo was probably my favorite radio show out there, so that's a major bummer.

I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out, but SVP & Russilo was probably my favorite radio show out there, so that's a major bummer.
Remember that the show started out as being Mike Tirico's show ("Tirico and Friends", I believe). When MNF began eating up too much of Mike's time, the show was turned over to SVP, who was one of the regular "friends" to host the show.

The gist I got is that he has plans to do a lot of new stuff within the concept of Sportscenter. I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out, but SVP & Russilo was probably my favorite radio show out there, so that's a major bummer.

Yep. I think that show is going to be something to DVR. I would bet he'll have guests on and there will be a lot of funny stuff.

SVP and Russillo's last show, Friday June 19th. Son of a

And I'm not a big fan of the news. I know many people here have issues with the worldwide leader for a variety of good reasons, so not sure this bothers too many folks. But as a fan of college basketball, ESPN radio is losing a guy (albeit so he can focus on ESPN TV) who actually talked about the sport I'm a fan of and not just during March Madness. He and Russillo do a pretty decent job at talking college hoops and were the last bastion after the departure of Gottlieb. Now it will be back to NFL 98% of the time with the rest of the sports mixed in occasionally.

Plus I liked to hear the stories about visiting the college towns.
Should be 98% NFL and LeBron.

And I'll be in the car on the way to Long Island. Hope I can find it.
if you are in the car this afternoon and you are NOT listening to Mike Francesa WATCH the US Open...you are missing out on 1 of lifes great radio moments.

rumours are this could be the last time for that too...

Maryland students go nuts over Van Pelt - he walked by the student section at the SU/Maryland game last year and got a huge ovation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom