OT: Tailgate preferences | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tailgate preferences

Jack Daniel's Old Number 7 is a 20th Century gift from God.

A bottle of that should also be at a Tailgate, but unlike the Patron which should be kept for group salutes and shots...the Jack should be left on a table all by itself...for all to partake, young and old...just like the chip & dip and salad table.

A bottle of that should also be at a Tailgate, but unlike the Patron which should be kept for group salutes and shots...the Jack should be left on a table all by itself...for all to partake, young and old...just like the chip & dip and salad table.
"Salad table"? Oh Lord

Who eats salad at a tailgate ?

No mention of the working man's, poor student's choice...hardnosed...

That's it! Yer outta here--suspended for the season! This is a beer debate, not those furrin likkers! Next thing you know, you'll be talkin' 'bout Wess Virginny moonshine! Gotta nip this shtt in the bud, Bud! I'm doin' this fer your own good, I hope you realize...

That's it! Yer outta here--suspended for the season! This is a beer debate, not those furrin likkers! Next thing you know, you'll be talkin' 'bout Wess Virginny moonshine! Gotta nip this shtt in the bud, Bud! I'm doin' this fer your own good, I hope you realize...
since you are the originator of the OP, i will give you your due.

HOWEVER, the title of your thread is 'Tailgate Preferences'...so Cusetroop, millhouse, myself and others...have done the board a favor...and told them what their preferences should be.

and as the Godfather of the Suspension and Creator of the self-ban, i am immune to your thread re-hijack tactics.:cool:

Last edited:
W'boro'Cuse315 said:
Hardly a frequent poster but the fact that one the board's Tailgating Gurus suggested my beloved UC warranted kudos.
Yes I approve

I like craft beer as much as the next guy, but that ain't for tailgating.

One? Sure, but you don't tailgate with glassware unless it's a bottle of whiskey.

Grilled food and copious amounts of beer, that's how you do. We grill great food, but you can't enjoy it with tastebuds torn up by hops.

There is a time and a place for everything: and the time for fizzy yellow beers starts six hours before an SU football game.

CuseTroop said:
If you drink 4 beers over a 3 hour tailgate, you are going to be drinking p!ss warm garbage no matter what you are drinking. (unless you guys put ice cubes in your fancy beer) My bud lights dont have time to get warm. because it's gone, and there's a cold one in the cooler

Luke-warm good beer > cold piss beer.

Plus, you try eating 6 sausages while drinking all day with any other beer besides budlight. You're gonna get full, son!

Football isn't football without balogne burps sifting through the air.

Citron and lemonade. Time to get with it people. 301 was never louder last year since we switched.

Rocco said:
Citron and lemonade. Time to get with it people. 301 was never louder last year since we switched.

That's what I've been drinking all week. Threw in a touch of Sierra Mist, but didn't matter - good either way.

Summer Shanty. or Miller Lite. Or Bud Light Platinum (I call them floories). You can gather why on your own. It separates men from boys for a light beer.

image-3747299212.jpg
JackBauer44 said:
Summer Shanty. or Miller Lite. Or Bud Light Platinum (I call them floories). You can gather why on your own. It separates men from boys for a light beer.
Platinums taste like plastic to me. No clue why

I'm tellin ya. This is all we need boys

image-3747299212.jpg

;)
since you are the originator of the OP, i will give you your due.

HOWEVER, the title of your thread is 'Tailgate Preferences'...so Cusetroop, millhouse, myself and others...have done the board a favor...and told them what their preferences should be.

and as the Godfather of the Suspension and Creator of the self-ban, i am immune to your thread re-hijack tactics.:cool:

I thought I was clear that "tailgate preferences" was limited to beer. Your insistence on including hooch may place you in violation of this thread's substance abuse policy.

Purely as a mental exercise: if only one brand of beer could be served at an SU tailgate (and taking in mind that it should appeal to the largest percentage of fans as possible), what would you recommend?

Keystone. The perfect beer for JackBauer and I to destroy our opponents on the pong table.

Any other answer is incorrect.

Also for ACC insiders.

That's because it's what they drink inside the stadium because they don't serve alcohol. Lots of little liquor bottles around in those games.

TexanMark said:
I wish you could find more easily...hard to find it outside Oneida County. Who stocks it in Onondaga County?

Last I knew they still have it at Nichols in Liverpool. They used to have light as well, but no longer.

I'll be going on a beer run before heading up to camp today, I'll let you know if I see it.

There is such a thing as lighter craft beers. Not everything is a Double Imperial IPA and not everything is Apricot Ginger Ale. I suggest you Bud/Miller/Coors guys try some Saranac Adirondak Lager or Wild Hop Pils. They aren't nearly as heavy as a Pale Ale and aren't made from rice and corn. If after, you still decide to drink mass produced addjunk lagers then hey, cheers, and go Cuse! Americans have been force fed crappy beer for too long. You don't have to buy into the lies anymore!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom