OT: Team USA -vs- Brazil | Syracusefan.com

OT: Team USA -vs- Brazil

sufandu

Living Legend
This is the first team USA game I've been able to catch. Two guys stood out to me. Rose, just because I wanted to see how he looked coming back again from injury. Lightning quick and explosive. And Anthony Davis reminded me of Dwight Howard with skills. Since I rarely watch the NBA, I didn't know how well he's filled out. I just assumed he had remained scrawny like Kevin Durant. I can't wait to see him in the Olympics in a couple years.

I watched Rose do his thing and wondered if Carmelo had any second thoughts after watching him play. I think Rose may possibly be even quicker than before his injury. Awesome.

This is the first team USA game I've been able to catch. Two guys stood out to me. Rose, just because I wanted to see how he looked coming back again from injury. Lightning quick and explosive. And Anthony Davis reminded me of Dwight Howard with skills. Since I rarely watch the NBA, I didn't know how well he's filled out. I just assumed he had remained scrawny like Kevin Durant. I can't wait to see him in the Olympics in a couple years.

Agreed. I think when it's all said and done; Anthony Davis will be one of the best big men the NBA/world has ever seen.

Agreed regarding Rose and Davis standing out. Brazil started Tiago Splitter and Nene, as well as Barbosa. This wasn't a scrub team.

The only thing I'm worried about with Davis is his tendency to get dinged up. Other than that, he is on his way to being a top five player. Maybe getting up to third behind Bron and KD.

Rose looked great and his explosiveness looked very good.

It's not one of our more awesome teams, but it is a fun team to watch.

Btw, I'm also looking out to see if Kyrie and Steph can improve their defense.

Still can't help but imagine Brow in the middle of the zone. We would have won all of the games.

Agreed. I think when it's all said and done; Anthony Davis will be one of the best big men the NBA/world has ever seen.

I thought Anthony Davis would be a solid starter as a pro but didn't really expect him to be great. I already admit it's time for me to go into timeout and sit in the corner for a little while for that prediction.

MSOrange said:
I thought Anthony Davis would be a solid starter as a pro but didn't really expect him to be great. I already admit it's time for me to go into timeout and sit in the corner for a little while for that prediction.
I'll join you. I thought his ceiling would be Marcus Camby. I wasn't sure if he could hang the weight to play the 4 and 5 (he can), I thought he may have trouble developing a solid all around game on O (it's getting there) and i thought his size would lend itself to possibly being injury prone (he has been dinged up a lot, so this can still be an issue).

And besides all of that, he is really fun to watch. He was flying around the court doing the dirty work and his shot blocking ability is incredible.

EDIT - one note, I think Camby was a pretty good NBA player, that wasn't a disparaging comment. I just thought he wouldn't be one of the elite players.

Same with you guys. I thought a Camby-like player as well. I am also surprised how quickly he transformed his body from a beanpole to a specimen. I mean he can put on 10 more lbs I guess but he looks great now. Helluva skillset.

Agreed regarding Rose and Davis standing out. Brazil started Tiago Splitter and Nene, as well as Barbosa. This wasn't a scrub team.

The only thing I'm worried about with Davis is his tendency to get dinged up. Other than that, he is on his way to being a top five player. Maybe getting up to third behind Bron and KD.

Rose looked great and his explosiveness looked very good.

It's not one of our more awesome teams, but it is a fun team to watch.

Btw, I'm also looking out to see if Kyrie and Steph can improve their defense.
I'm not too concerned about the team. We all know that it's the Olympics that matter and there will be a few faces on that team that aren't on this one.

I called that wrong to a worse degree. I proclaimed him to be "Josh Boone 1a"

I'm not too concerned about the team. We all know that it's the Olympics that matter and there will be a few faces on that team that aren't on this one.
We lose sight that these guys are that good after being in the shadow of LeBron, Melo, Durant, Kobe...The guard strength is outstanding. They will not be out shot.
I would like a little more power underneath but in the International Game it is easier to scheme to cover if need be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom