OT - The deed is done | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - The deed is done

11891121_10153523079952768_1579520918999364304_n.jpg

Hope he loves it. I was pretty nervous about Mercer because I was the only one in my high school to go there. But college was truly the best 4 years of my life (I'm single with no kids or that would probably be different). I can remember going into last semester of my senior year being sad this could only last a few more months.
No knock on you but I always feel bad for people who say the best times of their life were the college years. It seems a shame that if you love till 80, the list 58 years or so are all downhill. I loved college but I had more fun in my 20s when I had money and could travel the world and was a bit more confident with the opposite sex. I'm finishing my 30s now and the last 10 years were great as well... just in a different way with the excitement of finding my partner for life ane building a family.

Again not knocking the post but if college is truly the highlight of your life it's time to go explore the world.

I dropped my oldest of 3 girls off at UVA she's a first year. "UVA Doesnt use freshman soph ext".

This has been most emotional week of my life. Talk about life changing events, this is top of my list.

I dropped my oldest of 3 girls off at UVA she's a first year. "UVA Doesnt use freshman soph ext".

This has been most emotional week of my life. Talk about life changing events, this is top of my list.
I dropped my son a week ago hoping he'd quickly make some friends...today he posts a picture of himself with a group of 5 co-eds at the beach...they're all from his dorm...

Congratulations to your daughter getting into UVA. I remember last winter, after she had been accepted by Vandy, but was still waiting to hear from her first choice (UVA).

Just came back from Tacoma WA dropping off my daughter for her Freshman year. My car now has both Cuse and University of Puget Sound stickers. (My oldest graduated from SU in 2013 - freshman year split double on 4th floor of Dellplain.) I might have the only car in America with that pair of stickers!

cto said:
Congratulations to your daughter getting into UVA. I remember last winter, after she had been accepted by Vandy, but was still waiting to hear from her first choice (UVA).

Thanks Joyce. Actually she applied to Vandy early and did not get accepted. As it turns out I think UVA is better spot for her. (Although the first week has been difficult adjustment at times).

Thanks Joyce. Actually she applied to Vandy early and did not get accepted. As it turns out I think UVA is better spot for her. (Although the first week has been difficult adjustment at times).
Nice to have those choices...!

I dropped my son a week ago hoping he'd quickly make some friends...today he posts a picture of himself with a group of 5 co-eds at the beach...they're all from his dorm...
This thread had me a little depressed...until I read this. My kids are still pretty little, so with Gods grace we make it to these moments in life. Then when we "drop them off" just hope to God they meet some friends, stay safe, etc. congrats to you all for getting your kids to this point in life.

This thread had me a little depressed...until I read this. My kids are still pretty little, so with Gods grace we make it to these moments in life. Then when we "drop them off" just hope to God they meet some friends, stay safe, etc. congrats to you all for getting your kids to this point in life.
The child you take to college will never come home again. Its neither good nor bad. That's how it is.
The new person who comes home is pretty cool, and believes they know everything and will right all of the world's wrongs.

Prove it! HA! Sorry, had to get that in before Jim did.

Shenexon said:
He's the one with the beard...

Don't see your son.

Mine are 9 and 6, but I helped about 2000 freshmen at UNCWilmington move in a couple weeks ago.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom