OT - Two girls HS basketball teams suspended after both tried to lose the same game | Syracusefan.com

OT - Two girls HS basketball teams suspended after both tried to lose the same game

Clown Show. Those coaches should be ashamed. I'd rather my kids beat the best to be the best. They made a mockery of their players and should apologize to them and their families. Way to build confidence in your players, coaches! Oh Lord

I thought only the Chinese Olympic table tennis players did things like this!

I am extremely embarrassed to say this, but my travel team did something similar to get into a B level world series. Our manager explained it to a point that made sense to a 14 yr old. We wanted a shot to win.

They had me pitch (I was able to play 8 positions, Pitcher was not 1 of them) I'll never forget how mad my dad was as I was coming off of the mound after getting shelled.

After going through that experience, and the embarrassment that I feel just from watching that - that would be 1 of the few times I would get very emotional towards a coach if they ever did that on a team my son was on.

Tanking is best left to the professionals. For everyone else it's just unethical and un-American. (I sure hope the Sabres finish in last place).

hey girls tanking is not always a bad strategy . take the BACHELOR. runner up to "prince farming" get's her very own BACHELORETTE gig plus all the $$$ ,exposure and about 2 dozen better options than this corn fed doofus. survive then dive sisters.

Can we also talk about how that tournament is set up? I read it as 'the worse of the two teams get placed in an easier bracket (bracket without the top dawg)'

Why?

Uh, I got no problem with this. Can you imagine the amazing game that starts once Team A realizes Team B is scoring for them. That's when spit would finally get interesting!

Let them play!!!!!

hard choices

127hours-07.jpg

Both should be fired. Its more important to do your best then to do well.

Uh, I got no problem with this. Can you imagine the amazing game that starts once Team A realizes Team B is scoring for them. That's when spit would finally get interesting!

Let them play!!!!!

That's what they should have done. Team A shoots on B's basket and vice versa. So basically the 'winner' of the game would actually lose and thus get the desirable bracket.

Both should be fired. Its more important to do your best then to do well.

Nah can't do your best anymore either. Didnt a girls hoops coach get repremanded or fired for winning by too much a few months ago?

Clown Show. Those coaches should be ashamed. I'd rather my kids beat the best to be the best. They made a mockery of their players and should apologize to them and their families. Way to build confidence in your players, coaches! Oh Lord

You could forward that to the sixers front office. US sports need relegation.