OT: University of Miami, an original ‘Nike school,’ switches to Adidas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: University of Miami, an original ‘Nike school,’ switches to Adidas

FWIW, I don't think it matters what pro athlete wears what brand/style of shoes in convincing a kid to commit. As much as fans who have too much time on their hands like to think it's the end all, be all, there's now way that a kid would go to a school or turn down a school because they have the wrong brand/style of shoes in and of itself. It's too trivial a concern when compared to major concerns like PT, the coaches, the facilities, the location, the academics, the fan support, culture/fit, the quality of opponents, the exposure, etc..

However, that's not to say that Nike sponsorship doesn't have its advantages. The real advantage is the fact that shoe companies sponsor camps for the best players and encourage those kids to go to certain schools with whom they have relationships. It's basically NCAA-sanctioned 3rd party advertising. THAT is where it matters - or at least that's where Rick Pitino thinks it matters (from what I hear) and it makes sense to me.

My seven year old and his friends are all about UA gear. Nike is a distant 2nd. I'm not sure why that is, but UA is doing something right.

My nieces and and nephews in junior high and high school are also huge UA fans. I do not get the allure, but I am not 14.

Incase you questioned if uniforms would effect recruiting... Adidas went ahead and answered it. No way could you pay me to wear these things

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 132
Its a Canes thing or Its a cannabis thing...Either would be appropriate...

***and I get that is supposed to be a palm tree but it does look similar...

Its a Canes thing or Its a cannabis thing...Either would be appropriate...

***and I get that is supposed to be a palm tree but it does look similar...
I didn't know palm trees were fast.