OT: University of Miami, an original ‘Nike school,’ switches to Adidas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: University of Miami, an original ‘Nike school,’ switches to Adidas

syr14 said:
Show me an Under Armour Uni besides Maryland's that is ugly. You Can't Maryland just has an ugly flag that they like to show off. If it was up to me, 'Cuse would ditch Nike for UA, the up and coming brand in athletics.

I agree for the most part. Adidas is worse in the ugly department. But for fun I though I'd take your challenge.
Everything of course is a matter of opinion...

image-3513295565.jpg

An SU fan would purple twinkles if we had those stripes across our jerseys!!

In the athletic apparel and jersey design department all three of the major brands are pretty similar, but Nike's basketball shoes and football cleats are far better than UA or Adidas. Personally, I prefer Nike to the other two and hope we can figure out a jersey solution.

In the athletic apparel and jersey design department all three of the major brands are pretty similar, but Nike's basketball shoes and football cleats are far better than UA or Adidas. Personally, I prefer Nike to the other two and hope we can figure out a jersey solution.

Nike really only has an edge in basketball. UA is growing rapidly in both. Went hard after Durant and almost got him to switch. That says a lot about their desire to compete and challenge Nike.

I agree for the most part. Adidas is worse in the ugly department. But for fun I though I'd take your challenge.
Everything of course is a matter of opinion...

View attachment 32848

An SU fan would purple twinkles if we had those stripes across our jerseys!!

What if the stripes were orange? Nah that'd never happen.

I've thought some of their Navy uniforms have been really gaudy.

What? The last 2 Navy Uniforms have been awesome!! Best uniforms I have ever seen, very classy as well.

upload_2015-1-5_15-34-43.jpeg

upload_2015-1-5_15-34-55.jpeg

images

images

Agree on the Navy ones. The Maryland one for the anniversary of battle of Baltimore was awesome also.

image-3508178416.jpg

Those look to be one-offs. None are primary Uni's. I should have clarified. There are plenty of one-off Uni's that are ugly regardless of brand.

UA might be fine for football, but have people considered the implication for hoops. Since they didn't land Durant, UA is not relevant in that world.

A creative AD might try and mix and match, but I sure wouldn't trust Gross in that scenario.

UA might be fine for football, but have people considered the implication for hoops. Since they didn't land Durant, UA is not relevant in that world.

A creative AD might try and mix and match, but I sure wouldn't trust Gross in that scenario.

Maybe UA is not relevent yet. But I think in a few years people will start to feel differently. Basketball and the young stars that play the sport are all about the shoe deals. Kansas gets Wiggins and now he's endorsing Adidas. This stuff happens and It's not all about Nike.

UA is a more attractive brand now than it ever has been. They are on the rise.

Under Armour would love to have a school like Syracuse with a strong basketball tradition switch over to them. Brand building.

Maybe UA is not relevent yet. But I think in a few years people will start to feel differently. Basketball and the young stars that play the sport are all about the shoe deals. Kansas gets Wiggins and now he's endorsing Adidas. This stuff happens and It's not all about Nike.

Under Armour would love to have a school like Syracuse with a strong basketball tradition switch over to them. Brand building.

I understand that, but how does that help SU? Adidas had D Rose and a strong hoops tradition. Look at what our players wear- Kobe, Melo, Jordan, KD...I think it matters more to basketball than football is what I'm saying.

Now if UA gets Durant and Anthony Davis or Curry, etc. it might be an easier move to make, but until then I say no way to splitting hoops and Nike.

Well that certainly helps...but you still need them to continue to add NBA guys before SU makes the move.

I think the problem is not Nike - but the guy on the hill who is rubber stamping the decisions. Maybe new leadership gets us a nice mix of the old with the new - and lots of orange.

Note to Kaiser: I'm criticizing the AD.

Melo is a Jordan Brand guy. Obviously Jordan is part of Nike but it would be cool maybe if Syracuse went Jordan brand/Nike as the current uniforms aren't great right now.
Nike should take better care of us as Otto has the Nike swoosh as on his/her cap and Syracuse doesn't have to do that.

Alsacs said:
Melo is a Jordan Brand guy. Obviously Jordan is part of Nike but it would be cool maybe if Syracuse went Jordan brand/Nike as the current uniforms aren't great right now. Nike should take better care of us as Otto has the Nike swoosh as on his/her cap and Syracuse doesn't have to do that.
I bet they do. Wasn't that redo of Otto like 10-12k? Nike money would constitute a swoosh? I wouldn't be surprised.

Oh and Cuse should shop around. Under Armor would be great or see what Adidas has to offer $$$ wise.

I tried. 2011. No chance Syr leaves N**e with Gross and Boeheim there. And can't say I blame them...

Full_Rebar said:
Well look at this...
That looks like a parody.

All these decoder rings needed to know what the hell I'm looking at

My seven year old and his friends are all about UA gear. Nike is a distant 2nd. I'm not sure why that is, but UA is doing something right.

What? The last 2 Navy Uniforms have been awesome!! Best uniforms I have ever seen, very classy as well.
images

That helmet reminds me of CHIPs (showing my age here), but yeah overall they aren't too bad. I must be thinking of a one-off they wore for Army Navy sometime in the last few years. This years Don't Tread On Me themed uniforms were okay.