OT: USA Soccer Fans - Tottenham Fires AVB | Syracusefan.com

OT: USA Soccer Fans - Tottenham Fires AVB

mscanlo

2nd String
I doubt it will happen, but be on the lookout since Klinsmann has been rumored to be Tottenham Chairman's number 1 choice

can't imagine he'd pickup for there midseason and pre-wc. maybe rafa benitez as interim? :)

can't imagine he'd pickup for there midseason and pre-wc. maybe rafa benitez as interim? :)
true, but it is rumored Klinsmann will look to make the switch after the world cup. although, the USMNT did announce they gave him a contract extension through russia 2018. plus, benetiz would probably pay Tottenham for the chance to manage them.

true, but it is rumored he will look to make the switch after the world cup. although, the USMNT did announce they gave him a contract extension through russia 2018
yeah, but contract extensions in that world mean about as much as they do in college football. it's a bit of a catch-22 like Su coaching positions. If we flame out in the wc, demand for him won't be as high. If we surprise folks and get out of group, I doubt we can hold off the suitors.

I doubt it will happen, but be on the lookout since Klinsmann has been rumored to be Tottenham Chairman's number 1 choice
Not a chance. Levy isn't going to pay over the odds midseason to go after Klinsmann.

I bet JK got the extension because Spurs were sniffing around before they sacked AVB.

Soccer in a nutshell.

hF2qQq6.gif

Capt. Tuttle said:
Then you don't watch or understand it.

Agreed. I was not a fan and had a similar attitude, then after a few of my friends were getting into EPL I decided to pick a team and follow a season.

I now stop to watch random matches because the sport it's that good once you get into it and appreciate it for what it is. Can't get enough.

This coming from a Spurs supporter, who have not been fun to watch lately, as reflected in this thread.

Agreed. I was not a fan and had a similar attitude, then after a few of my friends were getting into EPL I decided to pick a team and follow a season.

I now stop to watch random matches because the sport it's that good once you get into it and appreciate it for what it is. Can't get enough.

This coming from a Spurs supporter, who have not been fun to watch lately, as reflected in this thread.

Same as I. Always been a big time WOrld Cup fan but completely disregarded soccer the 3.5 years in between. Last year, I followed the EPL for the first time after watching a few early Saturday morning matches. Gareth Bale's brilliance made me a Spurs supporter. I'm now hooked.

My 2 youngest play. A lot. I am at soccer 5-6 days a week. Once you get a bit of the strategy, see the physicality in the higher levels, and the speed, its a great sport.

I never thought I would be a soccer fan as I was growing up, and I'd like to thank the FIFA video games for making me more than just a casual WC observer. I didn't know the name of a single team the first time I turned the game on, and randomly landed on Bayern Munich (because of my German roots and recognizing the name of the city). 5 years later, it's turned into an obsession. Arjen Robben's CL Final game winner last year is one of the greatest sporting moments I can remember, especially as a fan.
tumblr_mnfwpgRwmG1r72ofvo1_500.gif

I always followed a bit and loved the geopolitics of the World Cup but never knew a ton. Was in Australia for my honeymoon when they beat Uruguay in a play-in to make the WC a few cycles ago. It's not exactly soccer central there but the nation went bonkers and I got swept up in it. I started following the international game more closely then. I found that when I had kids and was up early on Saturdays that EPL was fantastic theater so starting digging in there. My interest still doesn't match sports where I have a stronger connection due to place of birth/school/a lifetime of following, but it's getting pretty high.

There it is. Understandably, I tend to forget who all has coached at Chelsea.
As a Chelsea supporter, sometimes I still have trouble remembering who we've had...

Also, if any of you guys are local, we've recently gone official with the Syracuse chapter of the American Outlaws, the US Soccer supporters group. If you're interested, its the standard meetups for games and whatnot, as well as some pickup/indoor league games.

I watched for five years without a team until I realized that I was an Everton supporter. I still watching anything and everything that's on, though. Mid-week games for someone who works from home is a blessing.

New York Red bulls partial season ticket holder. Watch alot of EPL also. Love getting up Saturday and Sunday mornings, grabbing my coffee and tunring on EPL games...its a family tradition now

Ok, next time I'll just tell you to politely use the correct Forum called Other Sports. Here, I'll even point which way it for you.

homer-middle-finger-o.gif

Stop diluting all the F Minnesota threads with OT threads that have their own forum.

Ok, next time I'll just tell you to politely use the correct Forum called Other Sports. Here, I'll even point which way it for you.

homer-middle-finger-o.gif

Stop diluting all the F Minnesota threads with OT threads that have their own forum.
Thats fair....just remember to bitch about the 20 other threads that aren't about SU football each day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom