OT: USA vs. Canada at noon. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

OT: USA vs. Canada at noon.

Semantics. We attack at dawn.

I totally see you guys running into the McKenzie brothers who are on their way to invade the US...

You exchange some insults,

throw some rocks (all of which miss because all four of you have been drinking heavily since setting off and are already half in the bag),

say "F it" and the four of you retreat to the nearest pub to watch the rest of the hockey game where you guys make up a drinking game for televised Curling, create an App out of it and sell it to Facebook for 19 billion dollars...

and then go off to invade Mexico for the World Cup...

I totally see you guys running into the McKenzie brothers who are on their way to invade the US...

throw some rocks (all of which miss because all four of you have been drinking heavily since setting off and are already half in the bag),

say "F it" and the four of you retreat to the nearest pub to watch the rest of the hockey game where you guys make up a drinking game for televised Curling, create an App out of it and sell it to Facebook for 19 billion dollars...

Id sign up for this. I've loved moranis since ghostbusters.

Our ladies don't deserve redemption. When you are up 2 - 0 with 3.5 minutes to go you should never allow the game to go into OT. And once the game is in OT you don't put yourselves in the position of being on the short end of a power play in sudden death.
They played "not to lose" from the time they scored the second goal. No way we should have lost that game.

yea, I'd be down for that too

Americans are playing sloppy in the neutral zone and in their own end. Can't do that against canada... Canada is also playing a freaking trap...pretty lame...but I think it will cost them as it doesnt lend itself well to the larger ice surface.

The pressure on Canada is greater than we could ever understand(not because they are a favorite...this game is a push..but because of how they think they own the sport)...that is how a team with Sidney Crosby et al barely beats latvia. ...the longer the game goes tied...the more and more the elephant on their backs could crush them.
Our young defense can be really bad in their own end at times...especially the Fowler and Erickson pairing. We need more bodies in front of Price.

Well, that would make my total time here about 1 week in August ;)
Having been in Texas seven years I almost forgot what snow was. If it is below 50 degrees and a weatherman says the word, then the city of Houston shuts down, goes into hibernation prays for global warming.

ATTACKKKKKK. leave no one alive.

God I hate Canada.

And whoever the sports god is can eat a big bag of dogchit.

watched at work without sound. that game seemed very boring. maybe it was more exciting with sound

Canada just too good today.

I've never seen those words in that order before.

2hgw8j6.jpg

watched at work without sound. that game seemed very boring. maybe it was more exciting with sound
It wasn't. Pretty boring game. Pretty much a mirror image of the women's game. We've got some speed, but they've got speed and size. Quick kept us in it, but it's hard to say we deserved better.

Epic. Some retribution for '10. We have a great team this year. I frigging love Backes. Dude is legit. I actually played against Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan and 3rd string goalie Jimmy Howard. I scored on Howard.
Callahan's freelancing on D caused that goal. Thanks Rangers!

So to recap, we gave up a crapload of rebounds in front of our net, got some heroic stops near the net & couldn't shoot on offense?
Huh, feels like I've seen that somewhere before.

Canada owns us in hockey this year. We own Canada in everything else. Thanks.

At least Phil Kessel and James van Riemsdyk, are recently experienced in blowing a big game. They should be able to console their teammates.

Phil may have even had his choke job with the leafs equaled by his sister Amanda.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom