Ouch | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Ouch

I see everyone's reasoning behind not recruiting him, but no contingency plan? Can't make one stinking phone call?

He was obviously playing with a chip on his shoulder and with all due respect to the "insiders" making posts saying it was because of how AO's injury was handled, or he wanted his own destiny or whatever has been said, it's been said by literally 1 or 2 people the entire time and just gets repeated on here. The horses mouths keep talking with this situation and others yet people around here refuse to admit their wrong.

I trust CTO and Francis, outside of that I don't buy one thing others say.

I feel the same way..

I see everyone's reasoning behind not recruiting him, but no contingency plan? Can't make one stinking phone call?

He was obviously playing with a chip on his shoulder and with all due respect to the "insiders" making posts saying it was because of how AO's injury was handled, or he wanted his own destiny or whatever has been said, it's been said by literally 1 or 2 people the entire time and just gets repeated on here. The horses mouths keep talking with this situation and others yet people around here refuse to admit they're wrong.

I trust CTO and Francis, outside of that I don't buy one thing others say.
th

two3zone said:
I see everyone's reasoning behind not recruiting him, but no contingency plan? Can't make one stinking phone call? He was obviously playing with a chip on his shoulder and with all due respect to the "insiders" making posts saying it was because of how AO's injury was handled, or he wanted his own destiny or whatever has been said, it's been said by literally 1 or 2 people the entire time and just gets repeated on here. The horses mouths keep talking with this situation and others yet people around here refuse to admit they're wrong. I trust CTO and Francis, outside of that I don't buy one thing others say.

Then you might want to check what they said. Same as the others that you dismiss, except the why. Both said he wasn't interested in us. One even said he wanted to be his own man that you laugh off.

Then you might want to check what they said. Same as the others that you dismiss, except the why. Both said he wasn't interested in us. One even said he wanted to be his own man that you laugh off.

Come on Bees, you're interfering with the agenda that the HOF coach and his staff are the three blind mice, and only the fans from the upper deck know who they should be recruiting. Cut that out.

I did read what they said, they never flat out said either one of those things. They've mentioned it but not as a matter of fact. Please post the link to these posts.

Come on Bees, you're interfering with the agenda that the HOF coach and his staff are the three blind mice, and only the fans from the upper deck know who they should be recruiting. Cut that out.

What agenda? The kid said he never got a phone call, what's the debate? You don't think it's a legit question on why we have Chinoso on our bench while Onuaku is grabbing 15 rebounds against us while he couldn't even get a phone call? Instead of attempting to kiss butt around here why don't you add substance to your posts.

fact is, everyone not questioning the staff...is calling onuaku a...LIAR.

What agenda? The kid said he never got a phone call, what's the debate? You don't think it's a legit question on why we have Chinoso on our bench while Onuaku is grabbing 15 rebounds against us while he couldn't even get a phone call? Instead of attempting to kiss butt around here why don't you add substance to your posts.

it is a legitimate question, and it has been answered, ad nauseum. Your insistence to perpetuate the scenario that the staff is incompetent is the agenda. By definition. You can't see that?

fact is, everyone not questioning the staff...is calling onuaku a...LIAR.

Nah, maybe he relayed the message through his brother, or coaches. So why would they call him?

Only posts by Francis in the Onuaku thread.

He's been on the scene for the past year but interest has been minimal at best from SU. I watched one of his games this past season. Here's what I wrote about him.

"The younger brother of former SU big man Arinze Onuaku. Slender built with super long arms. Started off the game scoring a couple of baskets and blocking a few shots before getting a couple of fouls and dealing with it the whole game. Runs the floor well and looks to have some upside, but isn't an instant impact player at this point."

Really surprising that we have shown AO's brother little to no interest at all.

Donna D says the following in the comments below the article when asked why he was not recruited.

Donna Ditota | dditota@syracuse.com4 hours ago

I don't remember ever talking to Jim about Chinanu's recruitment. I have talked to his assistants. I think Nanu was something of a late bloomer. SU was involved with other bigs in his class and a year younger. In Chinanu's freshman year, SU already had three centers. From what I remember, SU didn't need a center in that class. The Orange had two scholarships and two different needs.

two3zone said:
I did read what they said, they never flat out said either one of those things. They've mentioned it but not as a matter of fact. Please post the link to these posts.

Francis post is about the 15th in this thread here he agrees. CTO started a thread that you can easily find yourself. Your post calls them out too.

it is a legitimate question, and it has been answered, ad nauseum. Your insistence to perpetuate the scenario that the staff is incompetent is the agenda. By definition. You can't see that?

If it's a legitimate question then what is the agenda? It's not insistence, it's the fact that the information was debunked all while the recruiting guru nailed it on the head 2 years ago which brings up legitimate questions as to why.

I don't think the staff is incompetent, but recruiting decisions have been sketchy outside of this current class the past few years, and this is a head scratching question as others have said. Again, what's wrong with a phone call?

Francis post is about the 15th in this thread here he agrees. CTO started a thread that you can easily find yourself. Your post calls them out too.

I read their posts and they both said they "heard around" but again not concrete unlike you who wont back down from your opinion which is not surprising at the least.

He's been on the scene for the past year but interest has been minimal at best from SU. I watched one of his games this past season. Here's what I wrote about him.

"The younger brother of former SU big man Arinze Onuaku. Slender built with super long arms. Started off the game scoring a couple of baskets and blocking a few shots before getting a couple of fouls and dealing with it the whole game. Runs the floor well and looks to have some upside, but isn't an instant impact player at this point."

Really surprising that we have shown AO's brother little to no interest at all.

Nah, maybe he relayed the message through his brother, or coaches. So why would they call him?
"I didn't get any calls from them at all."

He was, he said, "a little bit surprised." He figured Syracuse coaches might contact him simply "out of respect"

"I probably would have went there if they would have recruited me."

why call him a liar??

hes just a kid??

"I didn't get any calls from them at all."

He was, he said, "a little bit surprised." He figured Syracuse coaches might contact him simply "out of respect"

"I probably would have went there if they would have recruited me."

why call him a liar??

hes just a kid??

Because it hurts agendas.

I read their posts and they both said they "heard around" but again not concrete unlike you who wont back down from your opinion which is not surprising at the least.
I was the first one to post about young bro Onuaku years ago on my blog. Figured he would've become a legit target for us if he developed into a high major player. It was always puzzling to me for a while why there wasn't much mutual interest going on. When I asked around, I was given the same reasoning as Bees and others alluded to. Whether if that was true or not is anybody's guess outside of the player and coaching staff.

two3zone said:

Read your own post. You basically said everyone else was FOS and you only believe Francis and CTO. Well Francis said he agreed and that's what he had heard. CTO said he wanted to go his own direction, exactly what you called BS on in the same post you said they're the only two you'd trust. Nice try backing out of it and talk in circles now. Not surprising at all.

two3zone said:
Because it hurts agendas.

Lol

skurey said:
I don't get it either two3zone.

Of course you don't.

Francis03 said:
I was the first one to post about young bro Onuaku years ago on my blog. Figured he would've become a legit target for us if he developed into a high major player. It was always puzzling to me for a while why there wasn't much mutual interest going on. When I asked around, I was given the same reasoning as Bees and others alluded to. Whether if that was true or not is anybody's guess outside of the player and coaching staff.

Well you're off the believe list. :)

Come on peoples: leave this stuff alone.
Right? Wrong? Question is moot? ;)
Use the info in front of you or don't. No need to call out others. Just sometimes (and I should say nearly MOST of the time), we are getting information before it is published. And even when it is something that we might not ever know, roll with it or don't.

Too much other stuff to stress over in life than this place, which to me, is sometimes a great escape from the real problems.
Enjoy!

Oh and by the way, I realize that I might be indirectly "calling out" someone, but nothing but love for you all. That's orange love.
19336462-mmmain.jpg

Of course you don't.

Why can't you just say "I heard X, turns out X was wrong"

Like it's not even saying you were wrong, the people you heard it from who we don't know were wrong.

fwiw I don't have a who to believe list

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom