Our away game fans... | Syracusefan.com

Our away game fans...

NKR1978

Living Legend
While not as great as Rutgers 09 and NCSU this year and every Georgetown game ever, their were audible LGO chants on tv tonight. And, as always, whining complaints from the Friar "fanbase" on their board. Great job.

I do commend Garcia over at the ex-gf site named ******* ;) for getting in on "Orange Nation"

We are everywhere.

This made me laugh, I dont know why...

Guy next to me was there wearing his replica jersey (you're a grown man, please!) and his girl had her pink jersey. She left the seat at least half a dozen times each half for God-know what reason.. Every time syracuse had a fast break, he yelled "dunk it!" like a 10 year old.

Very knowledgeable fans to be sure

Guy next to me was there wearing his replica jersey (you're a grown man, please!) and his girl had her pink jersey. She left the seat at least half a dozen times each half for God-know what reason.. Every time syracuse had a fast break, he yelled "dunk it!" like a 10 year old.

I genuinely cannot wait for the day when we no longer help to support their athletic department. The Big East may survive, but they will be nothing more than a second rate program and a stepping stone, and at least we wont have to play them and their commissioners who care more about PC than the Big East.

Wait, he was wearing a jersey to the game? That's money. Save the "grown man please" for wearing it to the mall.

Wait, he was wearing a jersey to the game? That's money. Save the "grown man please" for wearing it to the mall.
Do they even sell Providence jerseys? Yo brooo, I got my throwback Ryan Gomes jersey

I wish just once. P.C. fans would say thank you to us, uconn and g-town for supporting them all these years. They are like the France who hate us for saving them.

They're a NEC or MAAC program that somehow got to be in the Big East and their fans don't understand that.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Any truth to the claim on the PU board that SU fans chanted through the national anthem?

Any truth to the claim on the PU board that SU fans chanted through the national anthem?

I doubt it. The friarj guy who was in our chat room lied and exaggerated everything he reported. My guess is the SU fans did the traditional "O!!!" toward the end and probably changed LGO while leaving the arena and their lack of fans can't deal with their gym being taken over by another school. I assume they're used to uconn taking over at their games by now.

No. We didn't say anything besides the O during the national anthem.

to me it sounded like one guy yelled "O" and the rest was PC fans yelling in response to that guy

The Let's Go Orange chants during the Providence game made it all the way to my computer in the United Arab Emirates. Made me proud of my fans and of my alma mater. We are everywhere!!

No, but there was one guy who, in the silence before 'O say does that Star...', yelled, 'Go SUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!'.

Unfortunately, there are a few dolts at every game. The NC State fans complained about similar things caused by a very small percentage of the SU fans.

My section was pretty good- Orange fans scattered throughout. Only obnoxious guy was a PC fan who kept standing up, spreading his arms, turning around and in-our-facing it when PC did anything...until he left with 6 minutes to go. Frankly, I thought the Orange fans, though well represented, were vastly outcheered relative to their numbers.

This thread reminds me, the hollering of "O!" during the national anthem is one of the dumbest, most imitative things that our fanbase does. It's not a Baltimore Orioles game. I don't know who adopted this behavior at SU games in the past five years or so, but it's awful. If we really want to practice "traditions," let's try reviving some of Syracuse's clever ones rather than ripping them off from another region's baseball club.

(End rant.)

This thread reminds me, the hollering of "O!" during the national anthem is one of the dumbest, most imitative things that our fanbase does. It's not a Baltimore Orioles game. I don't know who adopted this behavior at SU games in the past five years or so, but it's awful. If we really want to practice "traditions," let's try reviving some of Syracuse's clever ones rather than ripping them off from another region's baseball club.

(End rant.)

Exactly. Just because our nickname starts with an "O" doesn't mean that it is applicable. If we called ourselves the "O's", then I could get on board with it, but we don't, so let's stop it.

The Providence fans seem pretty resigned to their fate. Any number of attempts were made to energize them (players exorting from the scoreboard, coach waving his arms, lots of "NOISE" scoreboard messages, efforts from dance team, etc) and they pretty much just sat there like toads.

Oh, and when did the Friar mascot turn into a skeleton? The fat Friar ruled; the new mascot looks like someone from a zombie/vampire movie.

No, but there was one guy who, in the silence before 'O say does that Star...', yelled, 'Go SUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!'.

I've seen that a lot at games pretty much everywhere. Hell, in Detroit, Wings fans will throw octopi during the anthem in the playoffs.

Definately heard the "Scoooooooooooooop" outbursts. Hilarious. I'm sure the PC fans loved that.

(End rant.)

Do we have clever old traditions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors