Our love for the Orange | Syracusefan.com

Our love for the Orange

Cuse House

All American
Yesterday was a rough day for my family. We lost my uncle yesterday morning at the age of 47 to cancer. When we got back home, my dog who I have had since first grade (16 years) passed away in my arms only two hours later. The only bright spot in my day yesterday was watching the Syracuse game. Yes, we lost but it took my mind off of what was going on.

Often times we lose perspective of why we watch our team. Winning is important, it is what keeps the seats filled and the recruits coming to the hill. There is something else though about being a Syracuse fan. It is having something to look forward to during the cold winter months. Feeling like you belong to something greater than yourself when you sit in the Carrier Dome with 30,000+ individuals who all root for the same thing as you. Syracuse basketball for me is more than just a college sports team, it is a way of life. It consumes me for months out of the year.

We all are down on our team right now, we can't rebound, are not shooting well, and we don't have a pure pg. We have a right to be upset because we expect great things every year from our team, we are the fifth winningest program in history and have the 2nd winningest coach of all time. Things are going poorly for us lately, but we will make it back. Why? Because of the people like we have on this board who love Syracuse. We have one of the best fan bases in the country and I am proud to be a part of it.

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to put my two cents on the board and having good discussions. We don't all agree consistently but we all love the team. Here is to hoping that we can correct some of our issues and pull out some big games to make a strong case for the tourney. Either way, I am a proud Syracuse fan win or lose.

LGO!

Yesterday was a rough day for my family. We lost my uncle yesterday morning at the age of 47 to cancer. When we got back home, my dog who I have had since first grade (16 years) passed away in my arms only two hours later. The only bright spot in my day yesterday was watching the Syracuse game. Yes, we lost but it took my mind off of what was going on.

Often times we lose perspective of why we watch our team. Winning is important, it is what keeps the seats filled and the recruits coming to the hill. There is something else though about being a Syracuse fan. It is having something to look forward to during the cold winter months. Feeling like you belong to something greater than yourself when you sit in the Carrier Dome with 30,000+ individuals who all root for the same thing as you. Syracuse basketball for me is more than just a college sports team, it is a way of life. It consumes me for months out of the year.

We all are down on our team right now, we can't rebound, are not shooting well, and we don't have a pure pg. We have a right to be upset because we expect great things every year from our team, we are the fifth winningest program in history and have the 2nd winningest coach of all time. Things are going poorly for us lately, but we will make it back. Why? Because of the people like we have on this board who love Syracuse. We have one of the best fan bases in the country and I am proud to be a part of it.

I would like to thank you all for allowing me to put my two cents on the board and having good discussions. We don't all agree consistently but we all love the team. Here is to hoping that we can correct some of our issues and pull out some big games to make a strong case for the tourney. Either way, I am a proud Syracuse fan win or lose.

LGO!

Amen brother. I feel bad for resenting the feeling to "have to watch" the game yesterday, similar as another poster pointed out last night.

Thanks for helping to keep things in perspective. My condolences to your and your family.

LGO.

LGO!
Sorry man, hang in there

Agree on everything except "we have a right to be upset."

Sorry for your loss...when I was in college I lost my dog and I cried for hours over it. She was so loyal and loving.

Cuse House, what a terrible day! I am so sorry about the deaths of your uncle and dog. Thank you for taking the time to write what you did. I know your heart is aching and it will just have to ache for a while. No way around it. I wish our team could start having some victories in order to distract you more pleasantly from your grief. But win or lose, it sounds like you have a winning perspective and I am so glad you shared it with us.

Thank you all for the kind words.
Great post. Sorry for your losses. Hang in there.
th

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom